“Excellent Moderately Priced Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Michigan
“Excellent Moderately Priced Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I agree with the poster who says this is the best hotel in Escanaba. This is a straightforward, clean, comfortable place that is exactly as their website says. I have been to fancier hotels, but this had everything hubby, son, and I needed. Free wireless internet, cable TV with lots of choices (including HBO), free breakfast (including bacon & eggs -- not just cold cereal and juice), comfy beds, nice clean bathrooms and a shower with an adjustable spray head. We had adjoining rooms and together they gave us alot of space. One room is big enough too with 2 Queen size beds and a sofa bed. We also liked the microwave (popcorn!) and refrigerator in the room. Although we don't drink coffee, there was a coffeemaker too. Nice desk area (because I had to keep up with things at the office). I think you cannot go wrong in Escanaba at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sjw11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

If you've travelled in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, you know that the beauty of the area is only compromised by the incredibly lacking hotel and restaurant facilities. We are not campers, we like a nice hotel to stay in after a day of "roughing it" in the wilderness. Unfortuntaely, nice hotels are few and far between in Yooper territory. We booked the Comfort Suites for an overnight as we passed through the UP on our way to lower Michigan. We couldn't find any ratings of any hotels in this area, so it was a crap shoot. I have to say that we were very pleasantly surprised at the accomodations. The room was huge and very clean. The hotel itself was comfortably appointed, nothing spectacular; but it was updated and looked nice. There is an enormous indoor pool area that appears to be the draw for all of the families who are staying there. If we were headed through Escanaba again, I would definitely stay at this hotel. I would probably even drive to it if my tourism was within an hour....there's not much else around that area, and my motto is "better safe than sorry!"

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

Outstanding cleanliness and friendliness. Can't beat the beds for comfort. They got their name honestly! Pool, hallway, you name it - spotless! Stayed here both directions on a trip from Michigan to Wisconsin. Would do so again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank OctoberMac
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

This hotel was clean and comfortable for our visit to Escanaba. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and well-stocked with toiletries. We took full advantage of the in-room refrigerator and microwave which allowed us to save money by eating in. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful and allowed us a late afternoon check-out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank elanki
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

nice clean updated hotel. customer service was excellent, free breakfast was good, rooms were quiet and bed was comfortable. just an overall good experience

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brira
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

Our room was very clean and comfortable - one of the most comfortable beds we had during our 14 day trip. Their complimentary breakfast was fantastic, including wonderful made-to-order waffles. We definitely would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpartanFan
Marinette, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed one night, just passing through Escanaba on business. Check in was quick. The clerk was young and polite enough, but not overly so. There was a luggage cart in the elevator when I got on, which was awkward. I found the hallways a bit dim, which bothered me a little bit. But it was 8 p.m. on a Tuesday, so the hotel was pretty quiet. I found that I had been assigned an ADA-accessible room, which meant I got a corner room with a large bathroom - which I liked. I have to say this was the cleanest hotel room I have every stayed in! The bathroom was attractive and the lightly-scented toiletries were quality. There were plenty of towels and washcloths. The room itself was OK, if bland. There was no closet, but a very utilitarian armoire, which perhaps had something to to with the room being an ADA room. Two things turned me off about the room: (1) The lack of incandescent lighting, which made the room less than cozy, and (2) The lack of little touches that make a room attractive. This room could do with more than one picture on the walls - something to cozy it up a little. Ditto for the bathroom. It was all very bland and even a bit unfriendly (although I do understand the need for eco-friendly light bulbs).

Check out was quick, and the morning clerk was very friendly. She told me the hotel was only three years old. It is certainly in good shape! I would stay there again, but if I were staying for even a night, I would bring a few little touches to make it more welcoming.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have some reading material in the room. Surely there is some sort of local promotional material or tourism magazines that could be placed in the room!

One more thing: I had to leave at 6 a.m. and the parking lot was pitch black. There is a light, but it was not on. Again, perhaps an eco-friendly move but not a female-friendly strategy!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business