All reviewshot tubroom was cleana great staybusiness tripwafflesin townnext morningbreakfast areawill stay there againcontinental breakfastfirst floorstaff was friendlyparking lotinternetpillowsdeskmi
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This hotel was clean and comfortable for our visit to Escanaba. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and well-stocked with toiletries. We took full advantage of the in-room refrigerator and microwave which allowed us to save money by eating in. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful and allowed us a late afternoon check-out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank elanki
Reviewed September 28, 2009

nice clean updated hotel. customer service was excellent, free breakfast was good, rooms were quiet and bed was comfortable. just an overall good experience

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brira
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Our room was very clean and comfortable - one of the most comfortable beds we had during our 14 day trip. Their complimentary breakfast was fantastic, including wonderful made-to-order waffles. We definitely would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpartanFan
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed one night, just passing through Escanaba on business. Check in was quick. The clerk was young and polite enough, but not overly so. There was a luggage cart in the elevator when I got on, which was awkward. I found the hallways a bit dim, which bothered me a little bit. But it was 8 p.m. on a Tuesday, so the hotel was pretty quiet. I found that I had been assigned an ADA-accessible room, which meant I got a corner room with a large bathroom - which I liked. I have to say this was the cleanest hotel room I have every stayed in! The bathroom was attractive and the lightly-scented toiletries were quality. There were plenty of towels and washcloths. The room itself was OK, if bland. There was no closet, but a very utilitarian armoire, which perhaps had something to to with the room being an ADA room. Two things turned me off about the room: (1) The lack of incandescent lighting, which made the room less than cozy, and (2) The lack of little touches that make a room attractive. This room could do with more than one picture on the walls - something to cozy it up a little. Ditto for the bathroom. It was all very bland and even a bit unfriendly (although I do understand the need for eco-friendly light bulbs).

Check out was quick, and the morning clerk was very friendly. She told me the hotel was only three years old. It is certainly in good shape! I would stay there again, but if I were staying for even a night, I would bring a few little touches to make it more welcoming.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have some reading material in the room. Surely there is some sort of local promotional material or tourism magazines that could be placed in the room!

One more thing: I had to leave at 6 a.m. and the parking lot was pitch black. There is a light, but it was not on. Again, perhaps an eco-friendly move but not a female-friendly strategy!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank MimiJWisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed here for one night. The kids loved the water park (large pool with a slide, an area with 2 basketball hoops, volcano water fountain in the middle of the pool, and hot tub) and continental breakfast, and mom and dad loved the complimentary Wi-Fi and the large, clean room (2 queen beds, sleeper sofa, fridge, microwave, coffee maker). It's located on 2/41 coming into Escanaba but there's not a lot for restaurants nearby. We stayed here mostly for the good TA reviews and water park but I was surprised by the price. I don't know if we would've stayed here without our AAA discount, which brought the room price down to less than $130. We had dinner at Hudson's (a fun 50s place for the kids, good atmosphere, average food), and had some good coffee from Rapaportz as we headed out of town the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family