“Spacious, gracious and pretty cool”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Reviewed December 28, 2006

Big room (king with sofa sleeper)
Clean throughout
Comfortable bed and sofa bed
Breakfast room with TV, USA Today, boiled eggs, waffles, toast, oatmeal, SOS, cereal, fruit cups, fruit juices, yogurt, apples, oranges, milk, coffee, teas, cocoa
"Mini" waterpark (separate areas of pool for a slide, basketball hoops, an erupting water volcano, jacuzzi, towels provided) The kids loved it.
Exercise room (didn't have time to use it)
Free internet
Friendly staff

Internet users rate was $87.50 per night

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Wanderfoolish

Reviewed September 11, 2006

On the evening of August 31st my wife, son, and I checked into the Comfort Suites in Escanaba, Michigan. The reason we chose Comfort Suites was because of larger than average rooms and what I thought was a good reputation.

My wife and I put our son to bed in his crib and then watched television for a few hours. When my wife got into bed she jumped out a few seconds later. Her pajamas were all wet. We stripped off the sheets and the mattress protector. We noticed the mattress had a wet spot about 12 inches in diameter. It was urine.

When I presented the problem to the hotel staff the evening of the incident (around 11:00 PM) the only thing they offered was a new set of sheets. They gave me queen sheets twice; our bed was a king. On the third attempt they got the sheets right but the mattress protecter wrong. My wife and I flipped the mattress ourselves. The next morning when I told the hotel rep all I was offered was a $10 room discount.

I contacted a choicehotels customer service and was told they appreciate my concern and they would inform the hotel and that they value my continued patronage. Nothing more was offered.

So there it is folks, if you get a room with a urine soaked mattress you will get a generous $10 room discount. Continued patronage? Yeah right...good one.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
15  Thank echotraveler
Reviewed July 27, 2006

Room is adequately clean and the size is O.K. Beds were comfortable. It was generic but we were only staying one night and didn't care. Do not forget to request a nonsmoking if you don't smoke because I forgot and we had a smoking optional which was a mistake. It definitely smelled bad. The only real negative was the pool. It looked good until we got close and saw how dirty the water was. The stairs and bottom of the pool were so slimy that my husband slipped and fell. It may be clean now but just check before getting in. The continental breakfast was a little above average.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank azhottraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Brookfield
Reviewed September 4, 2005

We were on our yearly vacation, driving up around Lake Michigan to Mackinaw City, to Sault Ste. Marie, up to Whitefish Point, down through UP and back home via Hwy. 2. We decided to stop in Escanaba for the night. We stopped at a local gas station to find out where a good hotel was, and the clerk recommended the Comfort Suites, which had just opened about 6 weeks ago.
We were surprised at how nice this hotel was! They gave us a great military discount, and the staff was beyond friendly. They were fun and made us feel very welcome. The room was very nice. It was a "smoking" room, but you couldn't tell when you walked in. We smoke outside at home, so we know that sometimes when you get a "smoking" room, it can smell a little like stale cigarettes, but this one didn't.
The pool there is awesome. It has 3 different sections, one with a slide, one that is like a whirlpool with swirling water, and they provide balls and toys for kids. The whirlpool is a decent size, as well.
The best part was the continental breakfast. They had biscuits & gravy, make-your-own belgian waffles, oatmeal, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, muffins, toast and english muffins, fresh OJ, coffee and milk. It saved us a lot of money by not having to go out to a restaurant for breakfast.
We would highly recommend this hotel. For the price, the service, the amenities, and the breakfast - you get a terrific deal compared to a lot of other high-priced hotels.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Stayed at Comfort Suites in Escanaba Michigan in 8/05. The hotel is new, clean and well kept (3 stories high). Contin. breakfast included belgium waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, & coffee (breakfast was extrodinary). The gym includes a Bowflex, bike, treadmill and eliptical trainer. There is an indoor swimming pool that it looked like the kids were really enjoying. My room had two double beds, a refrig, microwave and coffee pot. The hotel is not within walking distance to anything. No resturant on site. I would highly recommend this hotel.

6  Thank sledrider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escanaba
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#1 of 10 in Escanaba
Terrace Bay Hotel
Terrace Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gladstone

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!