All reviews hot tub room was clean a great stay business trip pool area in town next morning make your own waffles breakfast area escanaba area will stay there again nice place to stay staff was friendly parking lot clerk internet salon
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We drive through the UP every year, going from Toronto to Winnipeg via the south shore. We stay in Escanaba one night and Duluth the second. We started staying at the Comfort Suites in Escanaba the year it opened and come back every year. The rooms are a good size, clean and well maintained. The kids love the pool. Breakfast is average for this class of hotel. All in all, no surprises - which is great when travelling with kids. We've stayed at other Comfort Suites hotels based on our experiences here. BTW, great pizza, steak and brewpub at the Hop and Hereford in downtown Escanaba. The kids have pizza, while the wife and I have steak. A great micro-brew beer makes the stress of the tdays drive go away.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ubersteve
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Escanaba MI for a week in July 2009. We had a very pleasant stay. The front desk was excellent and very accomodating. The maids were very good and did not want to take tips which we forced them too. The pool area is by far the best in the Escanaba motels. The kids enjoyed it thoroughly. I cannot say anything bad about this particular motel. We will stay here next time we visit.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SeanCM
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I've stayed here 5-6 times in the past year (for business) and I've had good experiences each time. In fact, I already have several more dates booked for the same hotel.

The desk chairs are comfortable (for my somewhat-larger-than-average butt), the wireless internet is very easy to connect to, the beds are comfortable, the toiletries smell good, and (saving the best for last) the breakfast bar is absolutely wonderful. I really enjoy USA Today with my waffle, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, or whatever I choose on a particular morning.

My only less-than-perfect feeling is that the desk clerks (they look to be typical high school or college students) could be a bit more warm - they aren't rude, but they aren't overly friendly/helpful either.

This hotel is close to dining and shopping at both Escanaba's "strip" and downtown.

(Caveat: When I travel on business I am eligible for a government rate, which means I probably pay less than the regular rate at this property.)

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank lu0911
Reviewed February 7, 2009

My chief issue was that I was one of a very few (perhaps 4-5) guest in the hotel on the second night of my stay. After I return from dinner I find that the front desk has placed another guest with several children next door. And as you would expect they were loud!

After I explained to the desk staff my issue, I was told that their was nothing they could do for me.

It seems clear that a hotel with only a few guest on a weekend might want to make the people staying there happy.

Clearly that is not the way the hotel staff see's it!

I ended up leaving the hotel and stayed at the Best Western a tenth of a mile away.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Yooper99
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We were walk-in guests for the night of July 15. We'd made reservations to stay at the House of Ludington, also in Escanaba, but when we arrived at that hotel at about 5:00 p.m. it was locked tight, so we set out to find another place to stay and landed at Comfort Suites. Our room was $137.33 for the one night, which I thought was a little steep for a box-on-the-highway type of hotel in a town the size of Escanaba. However, our room was reasonably large, clean and comfortable, and a decent breakfast was included. On the tacky side the inn added $1.00 to the bill for a safe charge, which you could get removed on request. We noticed that, though many would not, and had the charge removed. Another negative. The desk clerk recommended the Log Cabin restaurant for dinner. That turned out to be a good choice. However, when we were checking out the next day we noticed a sign near the desk that said the inn could get you a $10 discount on dinner at the Log Cabin. The desk clerk hadn't volunteered that information when recommending the Log Cabin, and we hadn't noticed the sign at that time. (I'll post a separate review of our meal at the Log Cabin.)

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Roycal