“I love staying here!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Hurley, Wisconsin
“I love staying here!”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I've stayed here 5-6 times in the past year (for business) and I've had good experiences each time. In fact, I already have several more dates booked for the same hotel.

The desk chairs are comfortable (for my somewhat-larger-than-average butt), the wireless internet is very easy to connect to, the beds are comfortable, the toiletries smell good, and (saving the best for last) the breakfast bar is absolutely wonderful. I really enjoy USA Today with my waffle, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, or whatever I choose on a particular morning.

My only less-than-perfect feeling is that the desk clerks (they look to be typical high school or college students) could be a bit more warm - they aren't rude, but they aren't overly friendly/helpful either.

This hotel is close to dining and shopping at both Escanaba's "strip" and downtown.

(Caveat: When I travel on business I am eligible for a government rate, which means I probably pay less than the regular rate at this property.)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank lu0911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Escanaba MI
Reviewed February 7, 2009

My chief issue was that I was one of a very few (perhaps 4-5) guest in the hotel on the second night of my stay. After I return from dinner I find that the front desk has placed another guest with several children next door. And as you would expect they were loud!

After I explained to the desk staff my issue, I was told that their was nothing they could do for me.

It seems clear that a hotel with only a few guest on a weekend might want to make the people staying there happy.

Clearly that is not the way the hotel staff see's it!

I ended up leaving the hotel and stayed at the Best Western a tenth of a mile away.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Yooper99
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We were walk-in guests for the night of July 15. We'd made reservations to stay at the House of Ludington, also in Escanaba, but when we arrived at that hotel at about 5:00 p.m. it was locked tight, so we set out to find another place to stay and landed at Comfort Suites. Our room was $137.33 for the one night, which I thought was a little steep for a box-on-the-highway type of hotel in a town the size of Escanaba. However, our room was reasonably large, clean and comfortable, and a decent breakfast was included. On the tacky side the inn added $1.00 to the bill for a safe charge, which you could get removed on request. We noticed that, though many would not, and had the charge removed. Another negative. The desk clerk recommended the Log Cabin restaurant for dinner. That turned out to be a good choice. However, when we were checking out the next day we noticed a sign near the desk that said the inn could get you a $10 discount on dinner at the Log Cabin. The desk clerk hadn't volunteered that information when recommending the Log Cabin, and we hadn't noticed the sign at that time. (I'll post a separate review of our meal at the Log Cabin.)

• Liked — good size clean, comfortable room
  • Disliked — too expensive for what you get
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roycal
Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Very efficient check-in,clean room. Located on Route 2, very quiet soundproof walls in room. Great indoor pool with a center waterfall, children will love it ! Overall a very nice hotel, and clean !

• Liked — Right off major hwy
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NascarFreak
Omaha
Reviewed May 11, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Suites for a business trip. It was so nice, and the people so friendly and the best bed I have ever slept in!!! We loved our stay and will definitely love to stay there again. The girl at the front desk was so sweet.

• Liked — Clean rooms, Nice breakfast, Excellent Internet service provider, customer service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
NV
Reviewed May 9, 2008

It is hard to belive how nice this hotel is. This is the only new hotel in town and rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly, The indoor water park is one of the best i even seen at limited service hotels. Breakfast was pretty nice. I stayed three nights on my this trip, but i will definately stay again if i have to go back in Escanaba.

• Liked — The water park, cleanliness of rooms and public area, staff's friendliness.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank PJSNv
wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Our family was on our way to Mackinac Island and we made an overnight stop in Escanaba. The choices of hotels is pretty limited here, but after checking out most of them, we stayed at the Comfort Suites. The rooms were very clean, and larger than I expected. My kids loved the little waterpark after spending the day in the car. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was really not the greatest, but at least it was good for coffee and to fill up the kids. Out of all the places we looked, I would recommed Comfort Suites because the price is right and it is clean. Hope this helps.

• Liked — The price and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family