All reviewshot tubroom was cleana great staybusiness tripwafflesin townnext morningbreakfast areawill stay there againcontinental breakfastfirst floorstaff was friendlyparking lotinternetpillowsdeskmi
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed here one night. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean except for the comforter on the bed, that was gross and in desprate need of a good washing. I just threw it off and slept without it. Matress was comfortable. Breakfast was ok....they offered bacon but no hot eggs, just boiled which was disappointing to me. The rooms seem a little pricey for what they are, I think you could find a better value somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovethesunMinnesota
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We regularly visit family in Escanaba and this is our favorite place to stay in the area. Pool is great. Service is great. Breakfast is great. They keep it clean and well maintained.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SBC97223
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I agree with the poster who says this is the best hotel in Escanaba. This is a straightforward, clean, comfortable place that is exactly as their website says. I have been to fancier hotels, but this had everything hubby, son, and I needed. Free wireless internet, cable TV with lots of choices (including HBO), free breakfast (including bacon & eggs -- not just cold cereal and juice), comfy beds, nice clean bathrooms and a shower with an adjustable spray head. We had adjoining rooms and together they gave us alot of space. One room is big enough too with 2 Queen size beds and a sofa bed. We also liked the microwave (popcorn!) and refrigerator in the room. Although we don't drink coffee, there was a coffeemaker too. Nice desk area (because I had to keep up with things at the office). I think you cannot go wrong in Escanaba at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sjw11
Reviewed June 10, 2010

If you've travelled in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, you know that the beauty of the area is only compromised by the incredibly lacking hotel and restaurant facilities. We are not campers, we like a nice hotel to stay in after a day of "roughing it" in the wilderness. Unfortuntaely, nice hotels are few and far between in Yooper territory. We booked the Comfort Suites for an overnight as we passed through the UP on our way to lower Michigan. We couldn't find any ratings of any hotels in this area, so it was a crap shoot. I have to say that we were very pleasantly surprised at the accomodations. The room was huge and very clean. The hotel itself was comfortably appointed, nothing spectacular; but it was updated and looked nice. There is an enormous indoor pool area that appears to be the draw for all of the families who are staying there. If we were headed through Escanaba again, I would definitely stay at this hotel. I would probably even drive to it if my tourism was within an hour....there's not much else around that area, and my motto is "better safe than sorry!"

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Outstanding cleanliness and friendliness. Can't beat the beds for comfort. They got their name honestly! Pool, hallway, you name it - spotless! Stayed here both directions on a trip from Michigan to Wisconsin. Would do so again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business