Country Hearth Inn - Escanaba
Comfort Suites(Escanaba)
$94
$54
$83
Sunset Lodge Escanaba(Escanaba)(Great Value!)
$49
Terrace Bay Hotel(Gladstone)
$79
$77
Hotels.com
All reviewswafflesstaff was friendlythe wi fiwould stay here againpictured rocksacrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Motel is listed as 4 check marks "best of the best" of this chain, well if this is there best, I would hate to see a "one checkmark" rated motel. I would give it 2 check marks if I was rating this motel.
Check in staff, very friendly & helpful. Noticed after an evening at the casino that there is only half a security lock, lock bar/ball, but no hasp to catch it. Did have a deadbolt lock, but no added security. Had to put chair up against the door for added safety.
Ring of mold growing around the bathtub water spigot. caulking around the toilet cracked and stained, tried to tell ourselves it was just from water from the tub, but I think we all know what the stains were from..ewww.
water leaked from faucet handle when turned on. Took about 10 minutes for the hot water to get to the room.
Breakfast was lacking, Morning desk clerk was very bored looking, staring off at the TV and not restocking the breakfast.
Emailed the motel and the chain office, chain offices reply was local owner would contact me. No word from the motel owner.
will pay a couple more dollars next time and stay at one of the other close by motels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend, my mother, and myself stayed at Americas Best Value Inn in Escanaba. I really enjoyed it there. Staff was friendly and wonderful on every shift. Had such a peaceful and wonderful stay. I will go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 124. It was right by one of the entrances. It worked out great for my handicapped mother and friend. It worked out for me because I smoke.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to St Ignace and the Mackinac Bridge. We were pleased with the room so reserved it for the next night on our way back. The staff was friendly and helpful The room was very neat and clean. Breakfast was good. We have stayed in Americas Best Value Inns in other cities and have always found them to be a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We bought a priceline express deal to stay at Americas Best Value Inn in Escanaba, MI. Even with the discounts we got, the quality of this place did NOT match up to the price. The staff was friendly at the front desk when we checked in, but the room was horrible. It smelled funny and looked very worn down. The worst part was that the toilet did not flush. The breakfast was okay. There were some cheap muffins, toasts, and boiled eggs, but I definitely had much better ones for the same price I paid. We were glad that we only stayed there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

No lobby to speak of for your initial entrance to this establishment, service was prompt and friendly. The room smelled funny, some cover up scent, I would later catch whiffs of some worse aromas while staying in the room. The hot water was slow to arrive, over a few minutes, this might be explained by our room being at the extreme far end of the building, this may also be the reason we had no WIFI in our room either. The hot tub was not hot and the room it was in was in poor repair, the sauna was non functional. The hot breakfast was not really hot unless you count toast and the ability to microwave a muffin a hot breakfast. If you need a place to crash for a few hours this would be ok, but if you are on a vacation, this will not be a high point.

Room Tip: Wifi quality improved as you went closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family