Country Hearth Inn - Escanaba
Comfort Suites(Escanaba)
$99
$106
$69
Sunset Lodge Escanaba(Escanaba)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
Hiawatha Motel(Escanaba)
$70
Terrace Bay Hotel(Gladstone)
$94
All reviewswafflesstaff was friendlythe wi fiwould stay here againpictured rocksacrefrigerator
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to St Ignace and the Mackinac Bridge. We were pleased with the room so reserved it for the next night on our way back. The staff was friendly and helpful The room was very neat and clean. Breakfast was good. We have stayed in Americas Best Value Inns in other cities and have always found them to be a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We bought a priceline express deal to stay at Americas Best Value Inn in Escanaba, MI. Even with the discounts we got, the quality of this place did NOT match up to the price. The staff was friendly at the front desk when we checked in, but the room was horrible. It smelled funny and looked very worn down. The worst part was that the toilet did not flush. The breakfast was okay. There were some cheap muffins, toasts, and boiled eggs, but I definitely had much better ones for the same price I paid. We were glad that we only stayed there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

No lobby to speak of for your initial entrance to this establishment, service was prompt and friendly. The room smelled funny, some cover up scent, I would later catch whiffs of some worse aromas while staying in the room. The hot water was slow to arrive, over a few minutes, this might be explained by our room being at the extreme far end of the building, this may also be the reason we had no WIFI in our room either. The hot tub was not hot and the room it was in was in poor repair, the sauna was non functional. The hot breakfast was not really hot unless you count toast and the ability to microwave a muffin a hot breakfast. If you need a place to crash for a few hours this would be ok, but if you are on a vacation, this will not be a high point.

Room Tip: Wifi quality improved as you went closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Upon check in we were assigned a room on the second floor. When I brought my kitty carrier in, the desk clerk freaked out and immediately booked us into a room on the first floor. In my reservation I said I had a kitten. Our first floor window has a MISSING lock, so guess how safe I feel? The toilet seat has been PAINTED because apparently a $5 new seat isn't in their budget. The hotel smells like a musty, mildewed basement after a flash flood. The carpet has giant holes in it and the bathroom floor is extremely slippery when wet. NOT THAT I WOULD EVER BE BAREFOOT IN HERE. Thank God I bring my own linens and giant can of Lysol spray and wipes otherwise I would NOT STAY HERE.
I know the manager will say "sorry aand come back and give us another try". I will swim Lake Michigan before I have to stay in this smelly, dirty, raggedy hell hole again. Orbitz will be hearing from me!

Room Tip: Second floor might have window locks
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindeeg
Reviewed April 21, 2012

First when you walk in you fear the worst of the reviews. The building is older and has a musty smell to it when you walk in the lobby. When we entered we informed the front desk clerk of the reviews we had read (I was there for business with my boss) and she allowed us to check the rooms before checking in. Upon inspection the rooms we found them to be decently clean, but not the greatest you'll ever stay in. Small stains on the carpet which probably could use replacing at some point but the room was CLEAN. After our quick inspections we decided to check in and head out to dinner. If you've never been to Escanaba before be aware that basically EVERYTHING closes before 7pm (even on Friday night) if it doesn't have a bar attached to it. After returning from dinner I returned to my room and jumped on the wifi with my computer. They had "front" and "back" connections available and the "back" connection had perfect strength and more than enough speed to do basic web surfing. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were surprisingly nice. The room was very quiet and minimal sound coming in from the halls or the road nearby. In the morning I got up and took a shower and this is where my only real suggestion to the hotel comes in... GET NEW TOWELS. Although they had obviously been cleaned they were first of all pretty cruddy quality and small and second some had stains on them, its time to replace these! After getting ready headed down to breakfast, which once again is ok but not the best you'll ever have at a hotel. I checked out and had no problems in the process. High end hotel this is not. The rooms do have slight imperfections but if you are looking for VALUE and just need a place to stay a night it seems like an adequate and affordable option.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business