“Best food in the U.P.”

The Stonehouse & Carport Lounge
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Escanaba
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner with my husband.. He had the filet 8 oz. With twice baked potato and I had the grill roasted pork hop with applesauce. I too, had the twice baked potato. Everything was so good. The wait staff were so attentive and all in all it was a Pleasant experience.. We'll be back next year.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've been in here for dinner and the steaks are something to write home about. I've been in here for lunch, and the specials are good, but I was surprised when I received my soup and sandwich special. I had the soup first and when the sandwich was delivered, that was it, just the sandwich, I was expecting a pickle, or chips or some other side with it. Other than that, I will be going back.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

From the highway this looks a little like a roadhouse. Once inside it's like entering 1967 in a good way. Such friendly servers, a beautiful menu, old fashioned service and experience and colorful locals. The place was packed on a Monday night. We all found lovely things to eat and drink and felt as if we had been transported to another time and place.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Based on the recommendations of TA, we stopped for the night and was looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary. I had the Rueben soup, something I never heard of before and WOW! It's a must. I wasn't sure what to expect but, according to Rachael (waitstaff) this is the only place that serves this soup. I'm not a soup guy but I'd recommend it any day of the week. service was excellent and very professional and the food perfect! Steaks were cooked as ordered and still plenty hot. While it's a bit pricey, it's a come-as-you-are atmosphere with no preteniousness. Outstanding.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Four of us had dinner at the Stonehouse Restaurant on Thursday evening, August 7th. The wine list was very nice and reasonable. The salads were excellent and all ingredients were extremely fresh and tasty. Our entrees were served in a timely manner. They were hot with generous portions. The servers were very attentive and competent. We were very pleased with the experience.