“You don't want to miss this place!”

The Stonehouse & Carport Lounge
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Escanaba
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Escanaba, Michigan
“You don't want to miss this place!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

By far, my favorite restaurant in Escanaba. A casual fine-dining experience...the service is top notch, the drinks are great, the food is excellent (I highly recommend the duck or the lamb...and don't skip dessert) . They have fresh fish flown in from Hawaii every Thursday...don't miss out on their Thursday night specials. You won't leave hungry nor disappointed. This place is truly an Escanaba gem.

• Visited April 2013

Escanaba
“One of the best restaurants in Escanaba”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great service and food. Good lunch specials.Great bar.Easy to find at the entrance to Escanaba. Parking is sometimes an issue.

Visited February 2013
Gaylord, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Believe the good reviews”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had no idea where to eat in Escanaba. After reading the reviews we choose the Stonehouse and it was a great choice. The food was excellent, service great and a nice atmosphere. Prices were reasonable. I will definitely stop the next time I am in Escanaba. I liked that they had the option of a small cut of prime rib.

• Visited April 2013
Hermansville mi
“Best food in Escanaba”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really excellent food. Really. Their specials are usually fabulous. We don't go often because of the high prices, but also because they are so busy--you don't get a great table and you do feel rushed.

Visited April 2013
Napoleon, Ohio
“Awesome Prime Rib!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I really appreciate great food and have had wonderful food at many locations around the eastern half of the US and some in the carribean. I have a few locations that I will always keep in my address book for memories on where to get those great meals. The prime rib special at the Stonehouse Lounge will receive an entry for Awesome Prime Rib in my book. I have had great prime rib at many other locations but none compares to this. This had the best texture and flavor that I have ever had - anywhere! My preference of doneness is medium rare and this was spot on with perfect taste, texture, presentation and quantity. The quantity was so large that there was no way even a large eater as myself could finish it. And even better was that I was able to re-live the pleasure the next day - the dog was not getting this one! The price for this meal was very fair. The service was pleasant and unobtrusive - just the way I like it, be there but let me be with my guests. The atmosphere was very pleasant. The location is a bit small but very adequate.

• Visited March 2013