“I've had much tastier”

Cuisines: American
mid mich
“I've had much tastier”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had been telling my friends they had to have a pastie while we were in Escanaba, since I have had them in Mackinaw and Ironwood and loved them. My friends said never again after these heavy, dry and tasteless pasties, served with a skimpy bit of gravy to moisten them. Very disappointed.

• Visited September 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“I loved the pasties/husband did not so I will base on my own opinion”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Seeing advertisements for pasties throughout the UP, I had to try them. I ordered the traditional beef pastie and my husband ordered the chicken pastie. Service was very quick but there was no one waiting at about 300 in the afternoon. They reminded me of a pocket pot pie with the gravy on the top. I really liked them but husband did not (he felt they were plain with not a lot of flavor). We put the gravy on both and that made it tastier. I have to figure that one pastie is probably my full day of supply of calories but .. Oh well, had to try them. I have not had them before so can't compare the actual pasties but this was a convenient location, nice atmosphere and good service. I thought it was neat how they have them frozen for the local yoopers to take with them. As a newbie in the pastie cuisine, I would recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TootleLou2
Fort Pierce, Fl
“You've just gotta have a Pasty when in the U.P. of Michigan”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It sits high of my list of "to do's" while visiting Escanaba. I was not disappointed. Would have liked a touch more ruttabeggas, onions, carrots & sirloin. The atmosphere was very casual but doable. More like a fast foot joint.

• Visited August 2013
De Pere, Wisconsin, United States
“Pasties are the best!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dobber's makes some pretty good pasties. They are tasty and fairly large. I always look forward to having pasties when I come home on school breaks. My favorite is the pizza pasty. So delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Always a great pastie!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is always a favorite spot to stop! Great flavor and piping hot! Their mini pasties were good too!

• Visited July 2013