“portion scam!!!!”

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“portion scam!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I bought 4 meals total. chicken veggie wraps. I got 3 slivers of chicken in EACH WRAP! The owner tried to blame the cook and did nothing to correct the scam situation. Check your portion of the meal prior to paying the bill at CRISPIGNA'S!

• Visited November 2013

Warren, Michigan
“Great service”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great service, food was pretty good. I had the baked ziti and my husband had the cheese tortellini both with the marinara sauce
Good bread and salads were standard.

• Visited September 2013
Escanaba, Michigan
“If you havent been there, you are missing out.Stonehouse was our date night place but Better food, better prices, and”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Better service. We hadn't been here since they first reopened because we had a bad experience, but looking back it was a little bit of a rough start. Boy did we just deny ourselves some unbelievable delicious food....you must try their pizza evenbif you have to get it to go. My husband and I were shocked a few Sunday s ago when we were told the special of the night, 6 oz filet that could melt in your mouth, your choice if side, I had fettucini with 1/2alfredo (have never tasted any better) ans 1/2 marinara, husband had linguini qith meat sauce which he said was almost as good as mine haha, I has spinach with hot bacon-incredible and he had a ceasar salad plus all the fresh bread we wanted....ALL FOR $10 a meal...my hubby cant go to McDonald's for under that...and if u r there.....please try the spinach artichoke dip.I promise you wont be dissappointed. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy who doesnt even try new stuff but last time he ordered 2 so he cd take one home. Im so glad we went back again and plan on coming back many times. Oh one more thing we brought out of town friends and they were thrilled to buy some take out sauces and salad dressing back home and take credit for the delicious meal prepared for inlaws...problem is they want the recipes....stop in here you wont be disappointed. And no I have no affiliation with this restaurant. In fact this is my first review but I will be doing one on the stonehouse. Hope u love it as much as us!

“Amazing italian food!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love there white sauce its to die for!!! The new owners are doing a great job!! The place itself it kind of small but the booths are nice and private which is always good!

Visited July 2013
Cadillac, Michigan
“Delicious food; atmosphere not so great”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently grabbed a late lunch at Crispigna's and enjoyed it very much. My wife was raised in the area and knew the restaurant by name and reputation, so we gave it a try. We tried to keep it on the light side, but the portions were large so we ended up with leftovers (not a bad thing). We tried their special "bread salad" (unfortunately can't remember the name) and it was delicious. We ordered the large size and it was plenty for both of us. Not realizing how much food we were getting we also ordered a margherita pizza, and it too was very tasty. The wine list is more than adequate. The decor was old, so if you're looking for an elegant place to eat this is not it. But for a family meal, very good quality and large portions at a reasonable price, this fits the bill.

• Visited July 2013