“What a burger!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Have not been here for years - I am soooo going back again soon! I tried the bacon and peanut butter burger - hands down the best burger I have EVER had. There is NOTHING in the UP that can compare.....I get tired of the same old same old - Breezy Point shakes it up and comes up with unique twists - and the burger itself was outstanding! Great waffle fries too. The staff is very friendly- we loved the goodbye we got when we left too!!! I would rate this place right behind the Stonehouse.....totally different menu and different atmosphere - it is a pub after all - but as a go to place when you are craving a great burger or other pub food??? Breezy.....

1  Thank Barby B

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a cute place with a great fish fry. Many other menu items to choose from for the whole family.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had heard good things about Breezy Point, so with an appointment in Escanaba finished, I decided to drive over to Breezy Point and have some lunch before heading home. It was about a 5 minute drive south of US2 until I saw it on the left side and turned on in. My initial impression was that it was on older tavern but was nicely situated on the lakeshore side of the highway and had a very nice view. Inside, the majority of the building was, indeed, taken up by the bar but there was a dining room to the left and the patio outside had tables as well. I chose a stool at the bar and was greeted by the lady behind it who was cheerful and sociable.
I didn't feel like a big heavy meal, so I simply ordered a breaded chicken sandwich and some french fries with a glass of ice water. I was careful to specify that I wanted nothing at all on or with the sandwich but, perhaps, abit of butter. No pickle, tomato,lettuce,mayo, etc. and I sat back to wait. The other patrons in the place were friendly and talkative(there was only,maybe 6 other people when I walked in) and soon out came my order....sort of. The lady set down the french fries and then produced the plate with my sandwich-which was oozing a great deal of mayo with a tomato slice and leaf of lettuce and sported a huge pickle tucked up nicely against the bun to allow the bread to absorb it's abundant juice. The woman actually noticed it at the same time that I did, and quickly apologized and hurried it back into the kitchen to be totally replaced, and so I was left with what I called the "1st Course" of the meal-a nice pile of piping hot french fries. The other patrons had, of course, noticed the preceding happening and were quite amused by it. But, in any case, the replacement sandwich quickly came out and I went on with the meal-as did the lady behind the bar, as she came out from behind it and sat down at the other end of the bar to eat her own lunch. Unfortunately, the kitchen cook must have been trying to hurry the second sandwich along and had over cooked it, leaving a very crunchy and hard piece of chicken with very little actual meat left inside it, but I decided not to raise a fuss about it and simply finished what I could of it and politely paid and took off. The meal, such as it was, came up to abit under 10 dollars. Oddly enough, everyone in the bar turned and waved and said "Bye!" to me as I left, which I felt was curious but not worth worrying about.
And, so ended my adventure with trying out Breezy Point. I have to say that I do not think a second trip would be worthwhile....

3  Thank WilliamGriffith
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I eat there quite often. We have never had a bad meal there. We recently brought 2 other couples there to eat. After dinner they asked when can we come back.

1  Thank Rich J
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tuesday is taco day, Beef steak, chicken or fish, they are slammin down good . Big John and Crystal two of the cooks there are beyond awsomeness . Friendly people, friendly owners . Doid i mention Fish Fries, Surf and turff, This isn't you typical fried bar food that so maqny places put out, this is some of the Besy food in Delta county .