“Clean, excellent value!!”

Lincoln Host
Lincoln Host
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at the value. Very clean, comfortable beds and great price. Plenty of space in the room. No complaints. It was a welcome resting place after a long drive. Will stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kim S, General Manager at Lincoln Host, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are so glad you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just returned home from Escanaba after staying at the Lincoln Host. I have stayed there for almost every visit to Escanaba since the hotel was built. I was very suprised to see they no longer have small refrigerators in the rooms. I really like to stay where they have one in the room. Many times there are left overs after eating , it was nice to use the microwave in the lobby to reheat the food for later. I always bring soda and other items that need refrigeration along on trips, I always check if the rooms have refrigerators before I make my reservations. Next trip up I won't be staying at the Lincoln Host, we didn't make it up there last year but we were there the year before so I don't know when they decided to pull the refridgerators out of the rooms. I will miss this hotel but there are other nice ones to stay in when visiting Escanaba.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Marianne M

So sorry you were disappointed. Not all our rooms have refrigerators in the rooms. Next time you call please request a room with a refrigerator. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel was clean and has room rates that are affordable. We decided to take a spur of the moment trip to get away for the day and ended up in Escanba. We didn't make reservations and had no idea where to stay. We called the Lincoln Host to see if they had rooms available for the night and the owner held a room for us until we got there. How nice! The staff there were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Like others, we did not hear any excessive noise from the highway. We had a room in front of the hotel and the window half open. The hotel has a tanning salon, free WiFi, and a simple complementary breakfast. No pool or fitness center, but that was ok with us. Plus this is privately owned and not a big chain hotel which is why you get the great value. Yes, the hand soap is small and they have a soap dispenser in the shower, but that also was ok with us. We usually bring our own anyways, beacsue like all hotel soap, they are not that great. The hotel also has a casino package (if you ask for it) and they will call the shuttle bus to take you back and forth from the casino. Very nice place to stay and we would definatley stay here again. Thanks again to the owner for accommodating us!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieB093

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

As you enter Escanaba on from the North on US 2 you will pass several chain hotels. Keep driving. The little hotel called the Lincoln Host will impress you with its clean and simple approach to lodging. I recently stayed there because of TripAdvisor ratings and I am so glad I did. This place was quiet, comfortable, unpretentious, and alarmingly clean. The night staff was profoundly pleasant as they accommodated my late (very) arrival. If you stop (and I encourage it) prepare for microscopic bars of soap and a liquid soap dispenser in shower for your all-purpose washing. Also breakfast is some donuts, coffee and an orange-flavored drink product that is labeled "orange juice". Irons are available upon request, not in the rooms. Don't look for a pool or other amenities, this place is about a pleasant and clean overnight stay. In typical UP style they provide this specific function without distractions... except for the tanning beds. Not sure why they are there but I'll bet they are clean! Seriously, if you want quality and value, stay here. Nice family run business. And with the money you save, go down the street to Elmer's Restaurant for a real breakfast. Like the Lincoln Host, they do it right without a fuss.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Triptickle

Thank you for the nice review, we are glad you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff/owner was super friendly and made great dinner suggestions. The rooms are pretty standard, but why would you pay almost twice as much at a chain hotel?

The location is just off Hwy 2 and there is no view of the water but most of the other hotels available do not have a view either. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank spicy-octopus
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was shocked by how low our rate was. My 5 stars is based not on the amenities, of which there are few, but on the rate and the cleanliness.

For in-room amenities you get small bars of soap and a liquid soap dispenser in the shower and a coffee maker. You also get WiFi and for breakfast it's simply coffee, OJ and donuts.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and had no smell to it. If you want a clean, comfortable place to sleep, this is it. If you want a pool, fitness center, and a full spread for breakfast, look elsewhere. Some have mentioned the road noise, but we did not notice any. We also had no problem with the WiFi.

I wish motels like this were easier to find.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 7lenny7
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Have stayed here many times since they first opened. Never had a bad experience, always found the rooms clean and well-maintained. It's showing it's age somewhat, but is still far from being run-down.

Don't expect 5-star amenities, though. This is a budget motel, priced significantly lower than other properties in town. But it's clean, fairly new, and has everything you need for a good night's rest. It's located on one of the main drags, so traffic noise may bother some - but that's not an issue for me. There are several places nearby to eat and shop - it's a convenient stopover for the traveller passing through.

Only complaint is their free WiFi service - the rooms closest to the ends receive a very weak signal. Been that way since the beginning. Considering the low cost of upgrading their access points, I think this should have been done a long time ago. However, it's not a deal-breaker. I just ask for a room closest to the middle of the building, where the WiFi signal is strongest.

Overall, a great value. If you're looking for decent basic lodging at the best price around, this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank John K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escanaba
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#1 of 10 in Escanaba
Terrace Bay Hotel
Terrace Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gladstone

Been to Lincoln Host? Share your experiences!