Lincoln Host
Comfort Suites(Escanaba)
  • Restaurant
Terrace Bay Hotel(Gladstone)
View Hotel
All reviewsliquid soap dispenserno frillsstayed hereplace to staythe main dragrooms are cleanchecking intwo queen bedsin townfront desk staffhardeeswifiwalmartmotelreclinerwisconsinkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2011

In Escanaba for business and another hotel in town was recommended by my company. That hotel was completely filled for the night I needed and based on the TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to stay here. Saved a ton of money and am going to let my company know we should also consider this hotel! The room was clean and very spacious! Yes, it is an older hotel as noted in other reviews, but the carpeting was clean in my room and there was no odor and the overall condition of the room was quite good! I was a little disappointed to find out that the continental breakfast was only donuts, coffee and juice, but considering the cost for the night, I am not upset. I will definitely stay here if I am in Escanaba in the future. As a side note, when I came back from dinner, there was a no vacancy sign up in the lobby! I'm really glad I called for a reservation as I was crossing the bridge into the UP!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank otis32
Reviewed July 27, 2011

New and very clean. Rooms are simple but offer lots of space for a family. Beds were very comfortable--got a great night's sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

One small word of warning--the rooms do not provide a hair dryer. If you need one, bring your own or go without.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed at the Lincoln Host in Escanaba for a night on our way over to St. Ignace and Mackinaw Island. I knew that the hotel was a little older when I made the reservation over the phone and there was no confirmation number since they don't have a computer system. The AAA rate we got couldn't be beat and it was definitely worth it.

We checked in and got an honest-to-goodness key. Something I haven't seen in a hotel in a number of years. The room was very generously sized with two queen beds, a table and two chairs. It worked out really well for us as the four of us like to play cards and other games. The vanity was separate from the toilet and shower. The bathroom was small, but sufficient. The tub/shower surround made it very small while showering, not great for a really tall person.

My biggest disappointment was the advertised continental breakfast. All that was available were small doughnuts and muffins, coffee and juice. The orange juice appeared to be similar to McDonalds orange drink we used to have as kids. We didn't partake in the breakfast, but given the great rate we received, that was perfectly okay.

We enjoyed our stay at the Lincoln Host. We will definitely stay here again if we're passing through Escanaba.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Chappie75
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Stayed here once and will again on our trips to MN. Priced right, clean and friendly, all you could ask from a motel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michigan80
Reviewed October 29, 2009

A quiet room, and friendly service is what this hotel has. Hardess is right next door.
Walmart is within walking distance and a local food mart is nearby.
Highly recommended to all of my family, as I stayed there quite often.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family