“Great food, atmosphere, and service!”
Review of Swedish Pantry

Swedish Pantry
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Escanaba
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Great food, atmosphere, and service!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Every time I am in Escanaba, I have to stop at the pantry. The owner and employees are very friendly, and remember me by name. I have had nearly everything on the menu, and never had a bad meal. I would strongly recommend breakfast! Especially the Swedish pancakes! Keep up the good work!!

Hortonville, Wisconsin
“Great breads & swedish panckes!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This place has an incredible breakfast. The service was good even though the restaurant was packed with the Sunday morning after church crowd.
There are lots of interesting things to look at & buy while you wait. Our party of 6 waited about 5 minutes. I think the swedish pancakes are the Best!

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Delicious Food With Friendly Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a giftshop and restaurant combination. There are many interesting peices to look at while you dine. The food is of good quality and the service even better. I plan on returning to the Swedish Pantry in the future.

Visited June 2012
Midwest USA
“Uff Da! Da Swedish Pantry in Esky Town”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

-Cute atmosphere, old school, 50's 60's decor
-Lots of animated/mechanical clocks on all the walls, set to go off at different times, different chimes for each clock, and yes, we believe they are all for sale
-We went for breakfast, the food was between very good to excellent...
-There was/is an issue with waiting for your food.....we have to mention that the restaurant was nearly full, but there did not seem to be a flow regarding how the wait staff worked out who was covering what table, and there seems to be a need for someone to step in, and help work out a serving plan.....this does not mean the staff is unfriendly, or not helpful, they just need some direction on how to best serve a large group of people, and keep things flowing..
-We do not think there is any air conditioning, but they had air movement through the restaurant during a very hot morning, and it was comfortable...
-If you catch it at a time when it is not crowded, we guarantee you will enjoy it...if you have a Mom or Grandmother to take there, you will get some brownie points just for taking them to a place they will remember, and we guarantee, they will love it....they are from an age where time spent together is more important that who has the latest smart phone...

Just take it for what it is....a nice little restaurant....in a nice little town....in a nice little corner of the Midwest.....in a nice little corner of the Great Lakes....

All I can say about my omelet was....Holy Wah!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank GenoMIchiganYooper
Palatine, Illinois
“Worth a stop when in town”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just a brief review for this one. I had diner by myself while on a business trip. Got the Swedish sampler, while I'm not Swedish and have nothing to compare it to I felt it was very good. The deserts and bakery Items looked great.

Saw some other comments about unfriendly staff, my waitress was college student working during the summer and was great. The owner/cook was riding her a little hard and I could imagine that owner was waiting tables by herself she might not be the most friendly person. But that could just be the hard working swede coming out of her.

It's a good change from the typical cookie cutter family restaurant.

I'll stop by every time that I'm in Escanaba.

• Visited July 2012