“Lovely campsites”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Empire
Empire Township Campground
Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you like the feeling of being in the woods and having a large campsite, this is the place for you. Lots of trees, soft pine needle covered ground, very quiet while we were there. Showers were good considering it is a mostly rustic facility. Latrines cleaned daily. Though I had an electric site, the tent sites are awesome. Would recommend to anyone looking for a no frills camping experience in a very pretty setting.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank herridar

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that the woman who runs the campground is lovely and went WAY out of her way to make our stay more pleasant. Our campsite was private, tidy, and had a nice flat spot for the tent. It was also poison ivy free (frequent campers often find campsites engulfed in poison ivy).
The only downside is that quiet hours weren't enforced, and we ended up leaving a day early because we didn't get any sleep.
After a great night by the campsite, we went to bed and spent the next 6 hours listening to a group in the campsite yelling about how drunk they were and how awesome their party was.
I didn't handle it myself because I was the only grown-up with 3 kids and I was scared to confront them.
The campsite is a sweetheart, but clearly, nobody does an evening drive through like they do at the park campgrounds; which left me wondering about my safety in general. If you have a camper I don't think the noise would bother you and would say, go ahead and stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank travelswithboy
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'd hate to give it a good review just because I don't want it to get popular and make it difficult for me to reserve in the future. I think that says it all but since I have to make this review 200 characters...

We like rustic camping with just enough amenities which is what makes this place perfect for us. Airfield next to the campground was our concern but thankfully, it wasn't a busy strip. And the few planes that flew in and out were small prop planes so they weren't loud.

Room Tip: I'd advise to visit the campground ahead of your trip if you're not too far from it. There...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed July 19, 2013

this campground was okay, but no frills, quite rustic, most sites are not grassy
this campground has outhouses and the showers are pay per use, and buggy and dirty
no camp store or lake or river attached
the campground is old and has not been updated
The campsites are somewhat close together and only one bath facility quite a distance away

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lakehead55
Reviewed July 10, 2011

all the campground in the sleeping bear dunes were booked & I didn't see this campground in any of the websites i was searching. I did see one person's review of this campground & in spite of the fact i couldn't find a website for this plae I called because we needed a place to stay & Robin showed me how to find their website. www.empirechamber.com and we booked a site with electric for our pop camper. this place was awesome! huge sites, awesome showers, near empire beach & the dunes, secluded, etc. blows the DH DAy campground out of the water.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
26  Thank mishmashtraveler

Been to Empire Township Campground? Share your experiences!