Empire Lakeshore Inn
$130
$110
Northwoods Lodging(Beulah)(Great Value!)
$109
Crystal Lake Resort(Beulah)(Great Value!)
$150
The Hotel Frankfort(Frankfort)(Great Value!)
$143
$136
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanfriendly taverngreat locationsleeping bear duneslake michiganvisitor centergas stationsmall townglen arborfew blockssound machinepublic beachlocal restaurantsbeautiful beachwould stay here againthin wallsmicrowave and fridge
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here when in town for a family event. Meghan at the front desk was sweet & very helpful. Room seemed to have been recently updated- comfy king size bed, flat screen TV. It is an older building, so there isn't much in between the walls- luckily we had considerate neighbors. That is the only reason I give it 3 stars overall. Great location, excellent value for the money, clean & friendly- we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HarborDaisy
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a wonderfully located motel within walking distance of places to eat & shop. Our family stayed here because it is just minutes away from Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. A public beach is maybe a mile away. This independent, family-run property is older but very clean and fulfilled our needs for a 1 night stay. It is a MOTEL so just have reasonable expectations if you choose to stay here. We did!

Room Tip: A few Kitchenettes are available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CarrieS3
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We found Laleshore to be an excellent location to get to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes as it is just minutes away. Also very close to the public beach in Empire which is a very nice beach. The room itself was clean and adequate for our one night stay, but everything is just basic and the bed was very hard. I believe it was the owner that checked us in and she was very nice trying to give us information, but unfortunately she did give us bad directions to a restaurant in Glen Arbor. Overall though, a good place to stay around the dunes.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you can't walk up steps.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The place has new owners as of June. The owner was great on the phone and helpful during our stay.

We booked late and got the last room. The Inn is at the intersection of MI 22 and MI 72. The Harley's and diesel pickup trucks were loud and lots of them.

The room was a typical 1950's motel room. Two full beds, an old style TV, AC, baseboard heat, bath , and small sink. An add on was a coffee maker. No hair dryer. The big plus was it was clean! There was a good ice machine downstairs. The beds were hard and somewhat lumpy, needed replacement, but tolerable. The place really needs updating.

The room had pictures of the location and the owner through the years. Interesting history.

The location for Sleeping Bear Dunes is great. Two blocks away, Joe's Friendly Tavern was very good for breakfast and lunch.

Parking is an issue. We were with friends who were at the RV park and returned about 11pm two different nights. There are only 11 small parking spots for 11 rooms and no onstreet parking allowed. The large SUVs and minivans (many with bikes on the back) filled the lot. There was one spot left, but the vehicle on each side was on the line. So I let my wife out before pulling in and I squeezed out using my hand to prevent my door from touching the SUV. I needed to move my car (Camry) the next morning to allow a person to get into the driver's side.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beavscabin
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great staff and quiet rooms were just what we needed after a long day at the Sand Dunes. Clean Towels, sample soap and shampoo in the bathroom. Coffee maker and coffee provided free of charge. Flat screen tv. 2 full size beds were perfect for my husband and I and our 2 children. Cute decorations gave an "up north" feel and provided some history of the area which made it feel like we were away from our busy lifestyle.

Overall I had an amazing experience and loved coming back to a quiet Inn.

Room Tip: Make reservations early! Some rooms come furnished with microwave and fridge so if that is something that you would put to use then make sure to request when making reservations.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family