Well, when I write these reviews I try to give future users of this location an honest assessment of what they are purchasing. The Lakeshore Inn Motel did receive a Very Good rating from me due to the location of the motel and the overall price, but future guests should understand that this motel is a lower budget motel and your not going to find it to be a 3 or 4 star hotel. So with that said let me summarize the good points and some improvement points of the motel.
Lets start with the good or highlight points:
- Great location if using the Sleeping Bear Dunes as a destination. The motel is about 5 miles from the park.
- The overall price of the motel is very reasonable for the area. I paid about $85 for the 2nd week in June. Had two double beds.
- Rooms had a small microwave, coffee maker & fridge in the room.
- Depending on your perspective there was a lack of tourist around in the 2nd week of June and the stores and places to visit were open to around 5 or 6 pm every day.
- The motel was pretty quiet and did have air conditioning.
- Megan, at the front desk was very friendly and helpful for any questions.
- There is a great city all sand beach about 5 blocks away from the motel with play equipment and bathrooms.
The potential improvemnt points:
- The bed in my room was very uncomfortable & was rock hard.
- The decor is nothing fancy & the carpet was noted to be worn. Overall the room was clean, just tired. It is a tourist area.
- The towels while clean were pretty rough and cheap in nature.
- The air conditioner took a loong time to get close to cooling the room. But worked well to block some of the noise around the room (people walking, closing doors, there is an intersection within 75 yards of the motel.
- The TV remote sometimes worked, sometimes did not. And the TV was small - but your not there to watch TV. I used it mostly to see what the weather report was for the next day.
- Note that there is really only one place to eat in town & it is a bar / tavern if you have children. Really good food. No Mickey-D's or other palces to eat unless you drive back to Travis City (about 25 miles east).
So, in closing the Lakeshore Inn Motel met my needs for a get away to relax. Very quiet at night, had some nice stores / galleries to shop at and the people were very friendly. Got my sleep and had a great time at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park.
Just be aware that this is not a high end motel and roll with what the area provides for the price.
Lastly, I noted a For Sale sign on the motel property with a Sold sign on it - not sure what this will bring in the future for this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just Under Went a 12 Room Makeover! Empire Lakeshore Inn is the only hotel located in the quaint little village of Empire, Michigan. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, grocery stores and the famous Empire Beach. We are nestled in the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes, with close access to hiking trails, fishing, kayaking and much, much more. Come stay with us in one of our our 12 unique rooms. This old fashion Mom and Pop hotel has undergone many fresh updates but still holds true to that good small town nostalgic feeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Empire Lakeshore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.