“Charming B & B”

Ranked #1 of 2 Elk Rapids B&B and Inns
columbus,ohio
“Charming B & B”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We totally fell in love with this Bed & Breakfast! The home is beautiful and very close to downtown Elk Rapids and the chain of lakes. We had a wonderful time visiting all of the surrounding lakes and small towns. The views are spectacular! Our room was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Helen is an amazing person and a wonderful cook. We would definitely recommend Cairn House and will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oriental Room and had a view of Elk Lake across the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Paris, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Cairn House for 5 days and totally enjoy the time. Helen cooks a quick breakfast every morning which is very delicious. The place is very clean and comfortable with beautiful interior and grounds. It's location is great for traveling to tourist attractions around the Traverse City area. Helen is a great inn keeper and fun to talk to about her travels around the world. The rooms are great with everything you need, including a quiet atmosphere. We will definitely return next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had the wonderful experience of spending four nights at the Carin House last month. The bed and breakfast was absolutely charming. The location was perfect for my needs. It was convenient to my family's overcrowded lakefront. I got to spend my days with family and quiet, restful nights at the Carin. Each morning I woke up and wondered what delicious breakfast was awaiting me. I was never disappointed. Helen has a wonderful personality and makes you feel like you are at home. She even went out of her way to print my airline boarding pass for me. The bed and breakfast was immaculately clean. I had the opportunity to walk the grounds which are perfectly manicured. I will definitely be going back to stay again.

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to stay at this charming bed a d breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for three nights last July.
Helen, the owner is a very nice person and she made us delicious breakfasts, a different one every morninig.
The house is beautiful, inside and out, and so are the surroundings.
Our room was big and it had a very comfortable bed.
We definitely would go there again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Cairn House B&B. It was very clean and comfortable. Helen prepared a tasty breakfast both mornings we were there and it was served on a lovely sunporch. This was our first stay at a B&B and had no idea what to expect. We were pleased.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearborn
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our stay was quiet and pleasant and only a few minutes away from downtown Elk Rapids and the waterfront parks. Art Rapids art show was a fun event to attend.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cairn House for a weekend away from the kids. We both had a great time. The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. Helen was a great hostess.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City

Been to Cairn House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!