“Best in town!”
Review of Riverwalk Grill

Riverwalk Grill
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Elk Rapids
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The newly reopened Riverwalk Grill and Taproom is fantastic! The building is absolutely gorgeous, every seat inside has a lake view. The food is superb, especially the crab stuffed avocado and the pistachio crusted tuna..amazing! They have a very extensive Michigan Craft beer selection, 22 on draught, and it is simply genius...there is something for everyone! The servers are knowledgeable and friendly. I will most definitely be back and would recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

There were 8 in our party. We came in by boat around 7 pm on a Saturday in July with no reservations and we were seated in 30 minutes. Service was great! The drunkin mussels were not good but the Ahi tuna was stellar- might be some of the best I have had due to the crust and it was cooked perfectly. The fried perch was delicious. Drinks were great but had to be served in plastic because we were outside which is understandable. Cilantro carrot soup was good but a little sweet for my taste. White fish was ordered by 5 of us. Different preparations but a bit overcooked. That said we did not leave anything behind. The Bang Bang Shrimp was wonderful.
If all we had was the Bang Bang shrimp and the Ahi tuna and perch, I would have given this restaurant/bar a 5 star rating.

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Aesthetically pleasant and good location with boat access. That is the extent of the positive aspects of this place. Food was cooked improperly, mostly overcooked or sat too long before serving. Hamburgers were dry, with an ashen taste, onion rings and fries dry and burnt, grilled chicken on salad was tough and chewy with charred edges. Our waitress, Shelby, was rude and off putting when we questioned if our soda was regular or diet. That was the beginning of the horrible service and snotty attitude which continued for the entire meal. The tortillas on the fish tacos were rubbery and bendable, avocado was missing and the fish was a frozen fish stick! We asked for a different entree and Shelby was noticeably irritated, making excuses for a new line cook and explaining the tortillas come frozen and had to be thawed and that's why they were so stale. The fried calamari was overpowered by heavy corn meal breading and dryness, delivered with a snap of the plate and a " here ya go". When she delivered our bill - she tossed it at the woman who sent the nasty fish tacos back. Would not recommend this place- plus it was expensive $90 for 4 adults and one child - no alcohol. Should have packed a lunch in a cooler for our boat ride

3  Thank my2greenize
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My first visit here since they burned and rebuilt. There were 10 people sitting at various tables and 4 at the bar including me.The building is very nice. Whitefish spread was very good. The bartender on the other hand needs to understand what he does for a living. He SERVES people food and booze! Good bartenders anticipate their customer's needs. I had to ask for EVERY new beer. Apparently he doesn't understand the International sign for "I want another beer" which we ALL know is putting your empty on the edge of the bar. And when I ordered the last one, he actually FORGOT and started doing something else and at that point there were only TWO people at the bar. Incredible.

Additionally, the owner or manager was sitting at the corner of the bar monitoring everything. That alone annoys me at bars as it always seems as though there is a constant stream of workers hovering around the person asking questions, talking, sharing inside jokes, however, the guy should have noticed my empty beer (twice) and either poured them for me OR told the bartender to do so. Neither happened and I was only two stools away from him.

In any event, they did just reopen recently and it IS hard to find good help up here. Just seems like the bartender should be top shelf. I may return, however, there are a LOT of other places to visit.

1  Thank Rebel-Miles-Photo
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were happy to see this reopen since we can go by boat and there is outdoor seating. We went at about 8 P.M. on a summer night. Our greeting was, "Did you check in with anyone? Who said you could sit there?" There were several empty tables on the deck. Nice welcome. We duly checked in and sat down, but we were told that we couldn't get food for awhile. How long? No one knew exactly. We said we'd have a drink and see if they could find out how long until we could order food. Again, the place wasn't full. Twenty minutes later someone came to take our drink order. We inquired about food. She had no idea. After another 15 minutes, we got our drinks, but still couldn't order food, not even an appetizer. We finished our drinks, waited a very long time for the bill, and then waited again for her to come back for the credit card. When we told her we would eat elsewhere the response was, "Oh, good, because we just can't keep up." They have a lot of work to do. A view will not keep people coming back if they can't get drinks or food in a timely manner. Train the staff, limit the menu, and get your act together.

2  Thank Samantha484