“Best Vacation”
Review of White Birch Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elk Rapids
White Birch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elk Rapids
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Growing up as a child I always looked forward to my time at White Birch Lodge and now as an adult nothing has changed. This is the best vacation for families and individuals. The lake is gorgeous and the staff is incredible. You don't have to worry about a thing for your entire time there. The memories will live forever.

3  Thank Nick D

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our time at White Birch Lodge enabled us to completely relax and enjoy time with part of our family without meal-making and activity-finding concerns on our minds. We loved the condo in which we stayed, the constant though almost invisible service of a great, young staff and the spirit created by decades of happy families enjoying what we were enjoying for the first time. We loved all the costumes on the wait staff and their good humor in playing along with the various themes. The food was great family fare and always included plenty of fruits and vegetables for those of us that couldn't consume all the calories offered. :)

Having organized waterfront activities was wonderful and didn't seem too regimented. Having the resort's boats take care of the skiers in the coordinated manner they did greatly diminished the noise and confusion that having MANY boats on the water in front of the resort would have caused. The ski show put on by the staff was great fun, impressive and a perfect ending to a great week.

Perhaps we'll be back next year, though half the family already had committed to another part of the country for the same time frame. White Birch Lodge gave us every reason to come back. Thanks for wonderful memories!!!

2  Thank j t k
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was the 1st time we have been and when we were taking a tour of the place I was waiting for Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey to come out and start dancing for us. The staff is wonderful, nice and just an amazing bunch of people. So many things to do or not do anything at all. beautiful and enjoyable. Can't wait to go back next year!!!

2  Thank MelGSylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Best family vacation we have had. We shared every meal together. There was too much for my 7 and 9 year old to do to even think about electronics. It was an old school vacation. My kids had to develop skills like making new friends, water skiing, kayaking, paddle boarding and had older staff to look up to. They grew as a result of our stay unlike visiting a water park where anyone can lay on a mat and go down a shoot. My wife and I enjoyed meeting new people and having the time to enjoy conversations with most of the guests there who have been coming for decades. When we were close to home my wife and I wished we were back. 30 seconds in our house my son said "oh no, I miss that place already!" The Conrad's, staff and White Birch Lodge made our family vacations fun again...like I remember them when I was young.

Room Tip: Get your room early.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We just returned from a fun week at White Birch Lodge. I've never seen a lake that beautiful--the water looks like you're in the Caribbean. The staff is the best! If you want to take a kayak, they magically appear and help you into the water! I tried to get up on one ski while I was there and they also really cared and tried to give me helpful suggestions and words of encouragement. The family who owns this property is very nice. The food was fine but it would be nice to have a salad bar at every meal. I would recommend staying in the condos. We will hopefully be back soon.

Room Tip: The condos are the nicest.
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My family made our first trip to White Birch Lodge, hope to make it an annual event. There is something for everyone at WBL. Water sports for all ages - skiing, wake boarding, and tubing; kayaking, sailing, and wake board paddling. Or you can just relax in the sun while reading a book. Programs for young children each morning provide a break for parents.

The staff is terrific, handles everything from serving meals to teaching a novice to ski.

Rooms are adequate, about what you would expect in a summer cottage. But you only sleep in your room. WBL had so many outdoor activities to enjoy the room is rarely used!

Food is served family style, is tasty and plentiful. One night features an adult dinner where the parents eat in the dining room and the children, supervised by staff, enjoy an outdoor picnic. Gave parents another nice break.

1  Thank Ready2Go4it
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Writing to politely refute the earlier poster who felt the Lodge had shady internet practices. If they had checked with the actual WBL website maybe they wouldn't have been so upset. I have never felt mislead by WBL with any advertising or their website. We are getting very close to 20 years of visiting there and I can't say enough about how wonderful they are to work with. I have grown children who count the days until we can get back up there, just like they did when they were younger! I hope the poster who was upset actually tried WBL and saw what a special place it is. Can't wait to bring up the next generation to visit and enjoy!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to White Birch Lodge? Share your experiences!