“Never Miss”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am frequently in the Traverse City area for work and I almost always drive to Elk Rapids to eat at Pearl's. I am new to the Cajun cuisine and can't get enough of it. I go there so often that I have joined their frequent diner club program. Their menu offers many opportunities to sample Cajun staples such as Etouffee, Alligator, Shrimp, Crawfish, Cajun Popcorn & many others. If you are travelling through Elk Rapids, stop in and excite your taste buds with a spicy repast at Pearl's.

1  Thank RickL4570
There are newer reviews for Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were advised to try dining at Pearls on our last trip to the Traverse City ,Mi area 2 years ago.We were very pleasantly surprised and had to dine there again on our most recent visit to the area in mid June,2014.We tried Sunday brunch this time and were very pleased again.Pearls is in a generally residential neighborhood in Elk Rapids,MI.The interior decor is great-colorful Cajun themed paintings throughout,even in the restrooms.Giant alligator hanging from the ceiling.Walls covered with shelves full of old bottles,small cars,and all sorts of bric a brack.Full bar with lots of specialty cocktails(and daily happy hour). Excellent food as well,all with a southern flair.I had the quiche made with jalepeno bacon,spinach and provolone cheese-a large slice-served with cheddar cheese hash browns,fresh fruit cup and fresh made berry muffins.Had southern coffee with chicory.My wife had a spinach & cheese omelet served with all same sides.Cost including beverage & tax about $15 per person.Full menu available for viewing online.Great southern food-last time I had lunch with a spicy fried chicken dish.A fun place for an enjoyable,casual meal or drinks & appetizers at a moderate price-in an unexpected location.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

If I hadn't eaten there myself, I wouldn't have believed that some of the best cajan food you could ever eat would be found in Northern Michigan!
I've been to New Orleans many times. I love cajan food. This was authentic and delicious! The service was excellent and the prices were not bad!
Indianapolis to Elk Rapids is seven hours....It's worth it!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

After years of summer vacations in Traverse City it was a pleasant surprise to find a new addition to our great restaurant list. The Crawdad Risotto, Beef Brisket,Jambalaya and Etouffee ware excellent. Large portions and great ingredients. Our waitress, Dede, was very helpful in making our choices of heat level and entrees. Desserts were large and well prepared. We will return often.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good food and good service. I always enjoy eating at Pearl's. A great place in a great little town. Good atmosphere.