“A Pearl in Northern Michigan” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen

Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Elk Rapids
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, TX
“A Pearl in Northern Michigan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like the ambiance, food was very good, and service is usually great. A little pricey for what it is, but considering what is available in the immediate area, happy!

Visited October 2012

Houston, Texas
“My favorite restaurant in the US”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

There is none better in all my travels. I moved away from Michigan in 2000 and fly back every other year. We always make it up to Elk Rapids to Pearls. The food is, bar none, the best I have ever eaten. The stuffing and Cajun cream gravy is fabulous. Blackened pork chops are out of this world. You will want to lick the plate clean! They even make turnip greens and grits taste fabulous! How do they do that? Do they put crack in their food to make it so addictive? Who knows, but my husband and I still have Pearls cravings after being away for 13 years.

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We visit often and love this place. Friendly staff and great food. Love the Bronzed Shrimp and also The poorboy and a pint special during the off-season.

Lafayette, LA
“Louisiana secret in the far north!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

A friend of mine made the reservation and I was little nervous about eating at a place that claimed to be an extension of New Orleans. I was pleasantly surprised - I had the Oyster’s Rockefeller and they were excellent. I then had the crawfish enchiladas - the waitress told me the crawfish were imported from Louisiana! The dish was excellent. We had a party of 11 and everyone raved about the food. The service was good and she was attentive to our needs throughout the meal.

Being from South Louisiana, I am always skeptical about restaurants that claim to be New Orleans style foods. Pearl's is the real deal!

I would highly recommend it and I will be back to try more of their dishes!

Very short trip from Traverse City!

Menasha, Wisconsin
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We dine at Pearl's often, and it is consistently good. The sausage, greens, and grits appetizer is fabulous. We also love the red bean cakes. If you can get there for the craw fish festival, usually around May, the craw fish risotto is one of the best things I've ever eaten. The Bloody Marys are spectacular. They make a great mint julep, and the service is awesome.
No reservations, so if you go on a weekend, expect to wait an hour or more.