“Pearl's New Orleans Restaurant”

Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Elk Rapids
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have eaten here MANY times, and each experience was fantastic. It is now our restaurant of choice for our "celebration" dinners. Food is always excellent, service is wonderful. It is off the beaten path, but if you like Cajun food once you discover Pearl's in Elk Rapids, MI you will return again and again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pearl's is our favorite place to eat out. In fact we're headed back today for my birthday meal. The specials are great. One family member loves the whitefish, my favorite is the brisket. Family friendly, great atmosphere.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As is typical with my dining experiences I sit at the bar and therefore cannot speak to service in the general dining areas. The service at the bar is outstanding. Never a wait for anything even if the place is packed with tourists.

The food is good and fresh. A recent addition to the menu is "Crawfish Enchiladas." A very good addition although I don't know if they are made on site. The menu is, understandably, dedicated to New Orleans fare and there is no question that they are good at that. A wide variety of options and the limited selections I've tried (I'm not a huge "Cajun/Creole" fan) have all been good.

The draft beer selection leaves a bit to be desired UNLESS you are a fan of the local brewing company located within walking distance of Pearls. All of the taps except one are dedicated to that brewer. Not sure why. It would be nice to have other options, especially with the ever increasing number of brewers located in Michigan.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate here in Oct 2012. We had so much fun! we went out with a group. We tried to order the alligator but they were all out. I had the Brisket of Beef (which was AMAZING). For dessert we ordered the Bananas' Fosters which was a little piece of heaven. This is a place great for groups or couples. The service was great too!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I visited in October. We had been to Pearl's two years ago while visiting and loved it.

Since then I have developed a soy allergy which makes it very difficult to eat out. Our server did an excellent job of assisting me in choosing items that I would be able to eat. They have allergy lists to help the customer. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful our server was through all our soy, nut and potato allergy trials and tribulations. I believe her name was Jesse.

As on our last visit, the food and atmosphere were excellent. We had the etouffe with crawfish and shrimp, the creamed spinach and the hush puppies - all were wonderful. My husband had the Bloody Mary - I forget the name of it - that had everything in it - blue cheese stuffed jalapeno pepper, carrot, and more. He raved about the Bloody Mary. It was spicy and sweet.

The atmosphere is full of collectible trivia - whiskey decantors, hot sauce bottles, Cajun and New Orleans memorabilia. It is definitely a fun place with great eats!