Checked in late on a Friday to a clean quiet room. Friendly desk help and answered questions for local food and flavor. Bed was too soft for my liking but nice accommodations overall. Mc Donalds is real close.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
nothing shiny, new, or fancy about it, but the room was large, comfortable and clean. My daughter lived in and loved the pool. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Would have loved having more comfortable seating around the pool.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It is nice to hear that your daughter really enjoyed the pool and that you liked the renovations we have done to our queen suites. We are going to be doing some updating this year and will take your suggest, for more comfortable seating around the pool, into serious consideration.
1) Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
2) The room, beds, and bathroom were clean, though the shower curtain was slightly discolored (whether due to hard water or mildew, I don't know).
If you're looking for decent hotels in the area, this really is your only option. Good hotel with solid basics.
1) The pool area isn't what one would call inviting. Both the air and pool were kept at a temperature slightly too cold for comfort. Increasing the temperature 5 degrees would be a huge improvement.
2) If you have sensitive skin, be aware that the chemicals used in the pool are incredibly harsh. I developed a rash that took a couple of days to go away, and it took three days for the smell to totally dissipate from my hair and hands (which I wash regularly, by the way).
3) Although Maxfield's is known for the deliciousness of their food (which is true for their fried chicken and homemade noodles), the breakfast situation is underwhelming. The free continental breakfast at the hotel is sparse and starchy -- no fruit or yogurt here, folks. It basically only exists to encourage you to try out the breakfast buffet at the nearby Depot (also Maxfield-owned), which is discounted for hotel guests to $4.99 (regularly $6.99). After forking over your cash (the till at the buffet is cash only; if you want to pay with a card, you have to get your card swiped at the gas station till), you can choose from an array of eggs, hash browns, sausage, pancakes, and french toast. Food was, as previously stated, meh. (Food was cold, and the maple syrup, which developed a skin if left alone for more than 10 seconds, had an unpleasantly snotty consistency.) And again: no fruit or anything remotely healthy in sight. If you want a drink with your breakfast, it costs you extra.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate the feedback.
The shower curtain was discolored because of hard water. We are looking into replacing our shower curtains.
Thank you for your suggestion about the pool area temperature. We are discussing what can be done to improve that for next winter.
I have discussed your remarks about our continental breakfast with management, and have added fresh fruit and yogurt to the breakfast at the hotel. I shared your feedback on The Depot breakfast with their management also so they can see what improvements can be made.
We hope you will come back and visit to see our improvements.
C Benson. Manager
Maxfield Inn in Edmore is a wonderful value. The rooms are clean and you can your choice of a smaller breakfast in the lobby or money off a breakfast buffet (turns out to be 3.99 after discount) across the parking lot at The Depot. The people are very friendly and coffee is available 23/7. Nice quiet community with a bike trail right in front. (Fred Meijer trail)
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to tell us!
Hope you will stop and see us again sometime!
C Benson, Manager
We were heading from Grand Rapids to Sault Ste Marie to go to Canada but missed the main hotel area of Grand Rapids which was some 9 miles outside of town somewhere. We missed it, headed north, found there were no stops, and headed east. We came across the ?town? of Edmore, the crux of which was this motel. We would have settled for a lot less but this turned out to be a nice, relative clean, room with the basic amenities. We were so tired by then, we almost missed the continental breakfast.
Thank you for taking a few moments to submit a review for our hotel. We are happy that you found us and that we could help you get rested to continue your journey north. We hope that you will stop and see us again sometime.
Cathy Benson, Manager
Typical hotel room. Clean. Good value. Very friendly front desk staff. Close to mid-Michigan motorplex. Nice but small indoor pool. Locker rooms could use alittle TLC. Ate breakfast at the small buffet restaurant next door in the gas station, pretty good food.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and took a few minutes to tell us about it. We have done some renovations in the pool area this summer, and the locker room renovation is in the planning stages.
Next time you are in the area, we hope you will visit us again!
C Benson, Manager