“Tasty Italian Cooking” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Restaurant & Pizzeria

Villa Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Eastpointe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
St. Clair Shores, MI
“Tasty Italian Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2005

If my "dining out" budget were larger, The Villa would be a weekly destination for me and my mate! This wonderful bar-restaurant is very family friendly with a menu running from American sandwiches to tasty pizza offerings, to fine pasta/seafood & meat based Italian dishes.

We've visited here a number of times to celebrate family occasions. ALWAYS been wowed by the taste of our meals. Very much of a plus is the moderate bill at the end of the evening.

Number 2 son and his girlfriend took us here to dinner July 2nd. Three of us had cream-based pasta dinners; my BH chose Veal Piccante. We shared between the veal and my Linguine in Clam Sauce and appreciated the subtle flavoring in both dishes. The Clam Sauce was more than just "flavoring", having a significant amount of the diced mollusks themselves. The Veal Piccante was oh, so tender and light, with a perfect blending of seasonings. I marveled at the fact that the Villa kitchen could produce a first rate clam sauce for a dish I know is not a large seller. Kudos on that ability.

Villa has a 49 year track record in Eastpointe so it's easy to see that its' not a trendy restaurant--but one with staying power.

Bar service was exemplary. The restaurant wine list is very short but features a great Chianti Classico.

5 Thank jimmyk64