“Very Good Stay”

Tawas Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Tawas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In spite of previous reviews, we decided to stay at the Tawas Bay Beach Resort this past weekend and I am really glad we did. We stayed in room 108 which was VERY clean, comfortable and quiet. It had new carpeting, new bathtub-shower, newly painted walls and new bedspreads and window coverings. The trim needs to be painted but everything else was nice. The bed was comfortable and very clean. The in-room heat worked well - thank goodness it was freezing cold outside! I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was even with people staying in rooms close by. We did not use the pool or hot tub, but we went into the pool area and it was very clean and the pool and hot tub looked inviting. I thought it was a neat idea they have a window into the bar so you can order drinks from the pool area! The price of the room included breakfast in the restaurant. I would definitely stay there again. Please see my separate review of the restaurant.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the bay view room on the ground floor. We had room 108/
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryKayOwosso

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I do a lot of traveling and I had to take a business trip to this area. After reading some of the previous reviews I was a bit hesitant and even brought my own blanket and air freshener just in case. But once I was there the staff were very friendly and the hotel was very clean, no strange odors in fact it had a very nice scent in the first floor hallways. The room was very clean the bed comfortable, the bathroom looked as if it was just installed and very clean bright and spotless. Nice shower. I had no problems with my room or my stay. Even when passing the staff in the hall they were very friendly. I ate in the resturant breakfast and dinner at times and was told they had a new cook. The breakfast (french toast was awsome) yes they were a little slow thats true.but the food was fine. Yes if Im in the area I would stay here again. Very accomodating.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, my business partners stayed on the second and they had no problems to r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I did not even bring my bags into the room I went up to check on it first.
No elevators the lighting was old and dim the rooms were old and unkept. The chain for the door was not tightly attached to the wall very unsafe.
NOT a resort by any means NOT even on par with a Super 8 it needs a complete overhall.
I should have known when I saw the outside the inside was not going to be any better.

The cleaners were nice but the front desk was rude left to go stay down the street friendly

Room Tip: no good rooms here all doors into the rooms were very warn and old not safe place
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank pacsgirl
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is badly out dated and run down, especially for the price. It is the highest priced hotel in the area. The staff is rude and busy doing their own thing. Family member got sick and I had to leave for a hospital, I called ASAP because I mistakenly left hang ing clothes on two hangers. Only 2 out of 7 items were returned. Staff was rude and uncaring. The items returned were under the items that were not. This was a very bad experience in a very run down hotel.

Room Tip: Over priced for value. Loud.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PAVISITOR_9
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Riding our motorcycles up the coast and saw this hotel and stopped for the night. What a great location. Good price for the location and convenience. The front desk attendant was so nice to make the offer and let us part our bikes under the carport overhang. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The location was great however the actual hotel sucked! We had ants in our room - everywhere. The hotel staff was rude including the manager. Mold in the bathroom. If they would update and keep it clean, it would be way better. Music every weekend night too - good but really loud when you have kids! I wont go back unless they update and hire friendly people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katie N
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at Tawas Bay Beach Resort Labor Day weekend with my wife and we had a blast. It was a great last weekend of the season, They have a large beach and a beach bar with entertainment. Read some other reviews, but still thought I would give it a try. Works for us, we will be back.

Room Tip: beautiful view of Lake huron on bayside of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Huron House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Tawas Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!