“Clean, clean, clean!”
Review of Bambi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Tawas
Bambi Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Tawas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We set our daughters up at this motel for a weekend stay in East Tawas. After checking them in and chatting with the owner we checked out the room and were impressed by the cleanliness of the room. While things may be dated there not dirty or worn out from what we saw. Flooring, ceiling tiles, and walls all looked in a like new condition, which surprised us a bit. The girls enjoyed there stay and another family that was meeting up with us commented on how clean there room was too. Don't be fooled by the outside and think it's like some of the other motels along 23, this one is clean and they run a tight ship. No pets or bicycles are allowed in the rooms.

The only knock is on Sleep Quality as there are trains that seemed to travel by twice a night during our stay on weekday nights. We could hear them real well in our travel trailer as we stayed in the campground at 23/Newman. It would actually be Tuesday morning through Saturday morning's as they made there passes after midnight. We heard them twice a night. But this will be an issue at any motel along the 23 corridor in the Tawas area. Just something to be aware of. Our teenage daughter never heard them but our friends in another room noticed them. I can't fault them and knock them down a star for something out of there control.

I'll be making reservations for next September's triathlon for my girls again, but will do it early as they had been sold out and we happened on a cancellation to get them in there while driving up on Thursday morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Bambi Motel

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here on our way up the eastern side of Michigan. The motel is older, but well maintained and clean. Price was higher than some of the other places we stayed on the trip but not excessively so. Owner was very friendly and held court ouside the office at a campfire after dark. An enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GCTraveler
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here a couple of nights and loved it. Nice owners and clean rooms. It's a mom and pop motel but very nice. The owner Bill has a fire in the evening to sit by and visit with others that are staying there. Coffee in the morning by the door outside the office so you can get a cup while you're get ready for your day. Close to the shops and beaches, try the state park beach and go through the lighthouse. Have a great time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B-RGF
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice little mom & pop in an area filled with M&P’s. Very well maintained and clean as a whistle. Patriotic owners with family members working there. Small but nice. Coffee in front of office starts about 8 am. Breakfast special at Barnacle Bills on Newman Street is only $3.99 and starts at 7am. I never did find the “waterfront easement” which is apparently very small, but there are nice public beaches in East Tawas and Tawas City.

Room Tip: Book well in advance on weekends.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are in the area you will see about 30 similar hotels, do yourself a favor and stay here. Sure it is old style and I know what your thinking, maybe I will keep looking. Let me tell you I have done the same thing but this place for the money is not bad, pretty cool if I may. It has no frills but is close to everything and the owner will be glad to recommend great places to eat. I took his advice and he was right.

I would go back again when I get the chance, matter of fact I would make it a point. Give this mom and pop place a nights stay and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be sure to talk to the owners for the best places to eat.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank James P
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Bambi and thought it was a nice place. It's vintage in style, even had chenille bedspreads. The price was in the same range as other places. There was a small fridge, and a microwave. The only bad thing I can think of is, the walls are very thin. I could even hear the guy snoring in the room next to us. As I said, that's my only concern about staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed on a recommendation of a local we knew. It was quaint with perhaps outdated decor but meticulously clean and the beds were newer. The service was outstanding and friendly. The owner was onsite and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The price was an incredible value. I normally stay at the larger, well known hotels but I would not hesitate a moment to stay here again. We look forward to returning on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012
#3 of 4 in East Tawas
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas

Been to Bambi Motel? Share your experiences!