“Very clean - Good beds.”
Review of Bambi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Tawas
Bambi Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Tawas
Michigan
“Very clean - Good beds.”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the Bambi and thought it was a nice place. It's vintage in style, even had chenille bedspreads. The price was in the same range as other places. There was a small fridge, and a microwave. The only bad thing I can think of is, the walls are very thin. I could even hear the guy snoring in the room next to us. As I said, that's my only concern about staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed on a recommendation of a local we knew. It was quaint with perhaps outdated decor but meticulously clean and the beds were newer. The service was outstanding and friendly. The owner was onsite and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The price was an incredible value. I normally stay at the larger, well known hotels but I would not hesitate a moment to stay here again. We look forward to returning on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank F32boater55
Troy, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Nicely kept up independent motel. Clean, well taken care of by owners who really know how to run a motel. This review is simple because it's simply a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Call up and talk with the owners!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank NYDiners
Ray, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2011

On a whim, in late August I emailed about a room for an impromptu trip to Tawas with my son for that upcoming weekend. Bill got back to me immediately, to let me know that they were booked solid.

A few days later he got back in touch with me to let me know of a cancellation, even though others were calling looking for a room (THANKS BILL). We arrived and I was greeted very warmly at check in. Bill and I chatted for quite a while before checking out the comfortable room. Yes, this motel is what you might call "retro" in its furnishings, but it has everything you will need as far as modern conveniences.

When I say this room was immaculate, I mean totally SPOTLESS. There was not a speck of dust, a cobweb, a water-stained ceiling tile, nothing! The mauve bathroom fixtures you would expect to be scratched and marred from years of use and cleaning, but the tub was as shiny as the day it was installed. I must say I was pretty darned impressed.

I don't know if they do their own laundry, or send it out, but the bath towels smelled like cherry and I loved that. :-)

I would have liked to have spent more time there but we were gone during the day and only came back to sleep. Sitting by the campfire watching the Tigers game would have been a nice touch but the timing was off for us.

All in all a VERY good experience. We slept with the windows open both nights rather than turn on the a/c and never heard a thing. The owners are very careful who they allow to stay there, which may be disappointing to a rowdy, partying crowd, but makes for a very peaceful, enjoyable stay for the rest of us. Thanks again Bill and Kay. I hope to be back next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank GEOTAB2
Half Moon Bay, CA
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My family spent a few days up here at the Bambi in early August based on the reviews we've seen here. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed cozy. Shower felt great. AC, wireless internet, fridge. Nice touches like nightlights so you can find your way to the bathroom at night. Bill, the owner, commented to us he wants to keep it a quiet place to rest, therefore he won't let lodgers bring over any visitors (i.e. bar buddies). Sometimes, Bill will bring out the portable fire pit and TV on dry nights when the Detroit Tiger game is on. The Bambi served as a nice base for us to visit the city beach, state park, and the shops and eats in town. I wish we had taken bicycles since there are sidewalks into town and a good bike ride to the state park. Kids had big fun! Definitely will stay there again on our next trip out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BetterMadeEater
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I found this gem on my way home from mackinaw and just needed a place to rest and relax. My family had enough of the driving after a long road trip. We were met in the office by the owner, a sweetheart, who was very welcoming. The room was clean and comfy and the place felt safe like an old friend. I would stay here again in a minute. Price is right too.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank milliejudd
detroit michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Bambi was very clean and comfortable. Visited friends in the
area and not alot of time spent there, Perfect for a great nights sleep
and very close to everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Oscoda Lakeside Hotel
Oscoda Lakeside Hotel
#7 of 10 in Oscoda

Been to Bambi Motel? Share your experiences!