“Great Experience”

and 1 more site!
Gatehouse Suites East Lansing
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed with a co-worker for 2 nights while in the area for business. We had a great experience - the rooms are clean - the staff is nice - great location near the MSU campus and a lot of nice places to eat - bars - night life. We got upgraded to a nicer room for free because they over - booked our room. The rooms are like apartments - lots of room!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Gatehouse Suites East Lansing

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in East Lansing for work and WOW what a dive!!! DO NOT BELIEVE THE PICTURES !!! This place is so outdated its not even funny!! Ive stayed in Super 8's that are way more up to date!!! This place seems to cater more to the people that are paying by the week because they are unemployed and got kicked out of their houses than to the business traveler. There is no way this is more than a 1 star hotel. The staff is terrible and rude espicially Bob who was very rude upon arrivial and when I needed a new key because the one I had wouldnt open my door. The exterior of this place is terribly outdated, the pool area was so over crowded there was no way that I could use it. I was back in my "not so suite" at 530pm the second night that i stayed there and my "suite" still had not been cleaned, but however the housekeeper let herself in around 6pm right as I was getting out of the shower (which was plumbed backwards) and when I told her to get out she had a very bad attitude! What else? Lets see the vending machines didnt work, there is no ice machines, half the plug in's didnt work, the tvs suck, I paid $89.00 a night for this place and it was deffinitly not worth more than $39. Trust me a motel 6 is just as good as this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank danrice5
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and this is the best experience I have had there yet! It was only for one night, but everything was just fine. The staff was very friendly and professional. They allowed me to keep my luggage behind the desk until my room was ready. (We showed up way too early!) The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. I did not use any of the amenities except the internet (which was easy and fast to access) nor did I have breakfast so I cannot comment on those. The grounds are typical of a University campus area but seemingly safe and not dirty or trashy. Parking is tight. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting East Lansing---especially their children attending MSU!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Old/rotting wood steps and landings outside.
Poor breakfast choices with nothing setup properly. Items that should have been refridgerated or on ice were just left out.
The pool is very very small, as is the fitness center.
Bedside lamp switches were broken, making the lamps hard to turn on. The bed was very uncomfortable and broken down.
The fireplace in the room was not useable. Old style tube tv that got bad dish reception.
The hotel as a whole is in need of a complete upgrade and renovation, inside and out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I am truly sorry your stay wasn't as expected; we strive to ensure all guests enjoy their stay. I can assure you we have plans to give the property a facelift, and would like to thank you for voicing your opinion. Hopefully you'll allow us another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I had the best experience. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. When we arrived, the AGM Sandy, greeted us with a smile. She was very professional and pleasant (She deserves a raise ;)). We arrived before the check in time, which suprisingly was not an issue. The hotel was way more than we were expecting, it was like a little furnished condo, without the huge condo price! The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The pool was nice and comfortable. The next morning we ate the complimentary breakfast that was provided. They had a great selction of food that all tasted so wonderful. The cook was great. He was very friendly and accomidating. We later found out that he was the General Manager of the hotel, filling in for staff that was on vacation. How great is that? Good Job Gatehouse Suites staff!!! You all made my stay very rememberable. I will be back!!!!.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I would recommend anyone to stay at the Gatehouse Suites in East Lansing. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Management is friendly, welcoming, and eager to help. Cleaning staff was very friendly and efficicient. Great place to stay and relax by the pool. Close to many restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms with lofts afford ample room and a private setting. Home away from home ambiance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed at the Gatehouse again for business. Again I enjoyed my stay. Had a big room with a bedroom area and it's own bathroom and an upstairs bedroom that also has it's own bathroom. The room was very clean and neat. Had everything I needed from wine glasses to dishwasher soap. It was like being in my own apartment while out of town for business. The staff was very nice and helpful. It is nice being a woman traveling alone to feel safe and comfortable. Again, thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
#14 of 26 in Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Gatehouse Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!