Gatehouse Suites East Lansing
$240
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
$214
$174
Hotels.com
$110
Candlewood Suites East Lansing(East Lansing)(Great Value!)
$89
Courtyard Lansing(Lansing)
$118
Courtyard
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and this is the best experience I have had there yet! It was only for one night, but everything was just fine. The staff was very friendly and professional. They allowed me to keep my luggage behind the desk until my room was ready. (We showed up way too early!) The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. I did not use any of the amenities except the internet (which was easy and fast to access) nor did I have breakfast so I cannot comment on those. The grounds are typical of a University campus area but seemingly safe and not dirty or trashy. Parking is tight. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting East Lansing---especially their children attending MSU!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Old/rotting wood steps and landings outside.
Poor breakfast choices with nothing setup properly. Items that should have been refridgerated or on ice were just left out.
The pool is very very small, as is the fitness center.
Bedside lamp switches were broken, making the lamps hard to turn on. The bed was very uncomfortable and broken down.
The fireplace in the room was not useable. Old style tube tv that got bad dish reception.
The hotel as a whole is in need of a complete upgrade and renovation, inside and out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I am truly sorry your stay wasn't as expected; we strive to ensure all guests enjoy their stay. I can assure you we have plans to give the property a facelift, and would like to thank you for voicing your opinion. Hopefully you'll allow us another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I had the best experience. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. When we arrived, the AGM Sandy, greeted us with a smile. She was very professional and pleasant (She deserves a raise ;)). We arrived before the check in time, which suprisingly was not an issue. The hotel was way more than we were expecting, it was like a little furnished condo, without the huge condo price! The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The pool was nice and comfortable. The next morning we ate the complimentary breakfast that was provided. They had a great selction of food that all tasted so wonderful. The cook was great. He was very friendly and accomidating. We later found out that he was the General Manager of the hotel, filling in for staff that was on vacation. How great is that? Good Job Gatehouse Suites staff!!! You all made my stay very rememberable. I will be back!!!!.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I would recommend anyone to stay at the Gatehouse Suites in East Lansing. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Management is friendly, welcoming, and eager to help. Cleaning staff was very friendly and efficicient. Great place to stay and relax by the pool. Close to many restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms with lofts afford ample room and a private setting. Home away from home ambiance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed at the Gatehouse again for business. Again I enjoyed my stay. Had a big room with a bedroom area and it's own bathroom and an upstairs bedroom that also has it's own bathroom. The room was very clean and neat. Had everything I needed from wine glasses to dishwasher soap. It was like being in my own apartment while out of town for business. The staff was very nice and helpful. It is nice being a woman traveling alone to feel safe and comfortable. Again, thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business