“not a top choice”

Gatehouse Suites East Lansing
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The rooms are reasonably comfortable and spacious with a kitchen that comes in handy as it is not real near restaurants and shops (but, not a problem if you have a car). The breakfast is rather limited, but at least it is included. The staff are pleasant and helpful (the manager let me use the office computer since the public one was broken). The exercise room is small...I didn't find it worth the effort. On the plus side, there is a coin laundry.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2012

From the road this hotel doesn't seem like much, BUT the suites are so spacious and clean. The staff were so helpful, getting us a travel cot before we even got to the room!
Unfortunately the pool area was not opened yet, but I bet in the summer this place is even nicer.
The breakfast was nice, and again there were staff there who wanted to help.
I would definitely stay again, and look out this brand!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Joe M, General Manager at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Gatehouse Suites! Thank you for taking the time to rate us.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We needed a room for the weekend and this worked perfectly. The staff and manager were extremely ameniable and quick to offer information on restaurants and local shopping. The suite was clean and comfortable. We will stay here, again, the next time we are in East Lansing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe M, General Manager at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer our property a review. I am certainly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you in the near future, and once again would like to thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms allow a lot of noise in from adjoining rooms. Made it really difficult to sleep. All rooms have outside corridors which I don't care for. The breakfast was horrible...not a bit of fresh fruit. There was some canned fruit of some sort with a very heavy syrup. If you don't like instant scrambled eggs, there aren't many other choices. If you need to turn left out of the property- good luck. The traffic is horrible. The parking lot is also very tight. Two of the machines in the work-out room didn't work. It did have a functioning refrigerator which was nice. Some of the furnishings were worn. The bathroom needed some repairs around the tile and trim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank philangie6370
Joe M, General Manager at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I certainly appreciate the feedback you have offered. The feedback from our guests helps to create a more enjoyable stay for future guests.
Please be assured I will be looking into your concerns and hope to provide you with a more enjoyable stay in the future.
Please feel welcome to contact me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice room for work and rest. Internet worked well..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I needed a two bedroom unit since my husband and I were taking our daughter and her girlfriend to a college visit at MI State University in mid-Feb. We wanted to have separate rooms. It did give us the privacy we all needed and it was a very clean and spacious suite. The exterior of the the buildings really could use a good paint job, but the interior rooms were very nice. We ate the free breakfast which was marginal, but it was free and easy to grab before our campus tour. The staff was very nice and the place was quiet. I got a great deal on the suite, $109.00 per night. The only real problem I found was the bed! I think it was a full size and very uncomfortable. We didn't sleep well at all. I would stay there again only if I needed a two room unit otherwise I would stay at The Kellogg Center which is located on campus and if you have a child attending MSU , which we do, the rate is only $99.00/night and it is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice big room that had a fully stocked kitchen. Right on the corner of Grand and Hagadorn. Close to the expressway, shopping and the college. Had a good free breakfast. I will be back again. This is my stay in East Lansing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Gatehouse Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!