“Great Staff”

Gatehouse Suites East Lansing
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We needed a room for the weekend and this worked perfectly. The staff and manager were extremely ameniable and quick to offer information on restaurants and local shopping. The suite was clean and comfortable. We will stay here, again, the next time we are in East Lansing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe M, General Manager at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer our property a review. I am certainly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you in the near future, and once again would like to thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms allow a lot of noise in from adjoining rooms. Made it really difficult to sleep. All rooms have outside corridors which I don't care for. The breakfast was horrible...not a bit of fresh fruit. There was some canned fruit of some sort with a very heavy syrup. If you don't like instant scrambled eggs, there aren't many other choices. If you need to turn left out of the property- good luck. The traffic is horrible. The parking lot is also very tight. Two of the machines in the work-out room didn't work. It did have a functioning refrigerator which was nice. Some of the furnishings were worn. The bathroom needed some repairs around the tile and trim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank philangie6370
Joe M, General Manager at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I certainly appreciate the feedback you have offered. The feedback from our guests helps to create a more enjoyable stay for future guests.
Please be assured I will be looking into your concerns and hope to provide you with a more enjoyable stay in the future.
Please feel welcome to contact me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice room for work and rest. Internet worked well..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I needed a two bedroom unit since my husband and I were taking our daughter and her girlfriend to a college visit at MI State University in mid-Feb. We wanted to have separate rooms. It did give us the privacy we all needed and it was a very clean and spacious suite. The exterior of the the buildings really could use a good paint job, but the interior rooms were very nice. We ate the free breakfast which was marginal, but it was free and easy to grab before our campus tour. The staff was very nice and the place was quiet. I got a great deal on the suite, $109.00 per night. The only real problem I found was the bed! I think it was a full size and very uncomfortable. We didn't sleep well at all. I would stay there again only if I needed a two room unit otherwise I would stay at The Kellogg Center which is located on campus and if you have a child attending MSU , which we do, the rate is only $99.00/night and it is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice big room that had a fully stocked kitchen. Right on the corner of Grand and Hagadorn. Close to the expressway, shopping and the college. Had a good free breakfast. I will be back again. This is my stay in East Lansing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is my first choice in East Lansing when I’m on a budget. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Not exactly super modern but considering the price (in relation to square footage), you’re getting a great deal. Free internet and breakfast included. I have not tried the breakfast yet so I can’t comment on that. Downtown East Lansing is within walking distance (10-15 min max) so proximity to the downtown area is great as well. I've stayed here a number of times and have never had a bad experience...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RCGenk
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This hotel has 60 rooms in a two story setup. Many of the 2nd floor rooms have a second floor with its own bathroom. All of the rooms, I believe, have full kitchens. It is mostly for the business traveler but it's great for a Michigan State Football weekend.

If you can afford the time during a football weekend, it is actually cheaper to stay five nights than it is to stay just Friday and Saturday. Sounds crazy. We chose to stay five nights.

Our only complaint is their paper products - toilet paper, tissue and paper towels are very cheap quality. Buy your own toilet paper if you stay for more than two nights. Also, most rooms have old TVs but they are in the process of replacing them at a rate of three a month.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the new televisions.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple