East Lansing Marriott at University Place
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Traverse City, MI
“Nice”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for the location, but ended up driving everywhere anyways. We walked to breakfast across the street. Nice, clean rooms with larger bathroom, courteous staff, and well light parking. Wish we had known about the pool - didn't see that in any descriptions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in the perfect location in East Lansing. So close to the university and everything you need is within walking distance: shops, restaurants, etc. My only complaint is our room faced the atrium and noise from a party (prom?) was floating up to our window, even though we were on the 6th floor. It would have been nice to have free WiFi in the room--for the price of the hotel, it should be included. Otherwise, it was a nice experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Eric S, General Manager at East Lansing Marriott at University Place, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your time in providing us your feedback. Please accept my apology for any disturbance you experienced from the 2nd floor event. I assure you that we continue to look for ways to minimize noise disturbances to our guests. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again sometime soon. In the meantime, I thank you for choosing Marriott.
Lyndhurst, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2014

everyone there couldn't have been more helpful or more courteous. was without the internet for a whole day but was well compensated. Restaurant was wonderful. Breakfast buffet was delicious. Pool was warm and there was plenty of seating.

Room Tip: the king room was very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Eric S, General Manager at East Lansing Marriott at University Place, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We thank you for your feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your positive comments with my associates. I know they will appreciate the recognition. Also, we are glad that you were able to enjoy a nice swim during your stay -no better way to ease the winter blues!

Thank you for choosing Marriott. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.
Hubbard, Ohio
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over this past weekend. Being a Platinum Elite Marriott rewards member, we've been to a wide range of Marriotts in several locations, and this one had some of the best staff members we have ever met. I walked through the door at around 10am on the date of check in, I knew I was early and the staff offered to assist me however possible while I waited for my room to be available. They took my number and offered to call me, but I decided I would just hang out in the lobby. I had my 1 y/o daughter and she was having fun hanging out, seeing all the college students come in, and being in the spacious and comfortable lobby made the time pass by quickly. I ate at the restaurant on the main level and it was good food. It is also a very hopping spot for the MSU students. I thought that was really cool. It has a great energy and vibe in this hotel. They had taken it upon themselves to upgrade me, which was incredible. The room we had was the main suite in the hotel, it was awesome. When we called for room service that night, they were very helpful, polite, and curteous. The room was clean and perfect. They have a parking garage attached to the hotel that is not that expensive and very easy to use. We couldn't have asked for much more. Thanks again to all the front desk staff and personnel. We had a great time and truly enjoyed every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SwingingR_C69
Eric S, General Manager at East Lansing Marriott at University Place, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your time in providing us your feedback. We especially value your opinion as a Marriott Platinum Elite guest. I will be sure to share your positive comments with my associates. We are delighted that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon. In the meantime, my staff say "Hi" to your 1 year old.
michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I spent one night here for work and the service was excellent. I didn't have any trouble parking in the garage near the hotel elevator. My room was on the concierge floor and it was clean, updated, and comfortable. Food was good but the Bistro needs to be remodeled.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nice hotel right across the street (literally) from Michigan State University. Rooms are what you'd expect from the chain (in other words, nice but not opulent). Staff is friendly and helpful, food in the restaurant good and reasonably priced. Would stay there again. Overall, a nice, representative Marriott.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Eric S, General Manager at East Lansing Marriott at University Place, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Matt,
Thank you for your your time in providing comments regarding your recent stay at the East Lansing Marriott. We appreciate your business and your feedback and look forward to your return.
Dallas, Texas, Usa
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel for the Marriott chain. Morning breakfast in their cafe was good, price was a bit high given the same type of morning meal is free at other properties. Beds were comfortable, linens were clean and well cared for. Bath and shower room was as expected for the brand. No surprises good or bad. I will stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Been to East Lansing Marriott at University Place? Share your experiences!