“Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake”
Review of Piece O Cake

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Piece O Cake
Ranked #73 of 204 Restaurants in East Lansing
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Piece O Cake designed my wedding cake. I could not have been more impressed when my mom, soon to be sister in law, and myself first met with them. We had a warm welcome. We were served a couple flavors of cake and frosting to try. I then showed them ideas of cakes I liked, my wedding colors, and they drew up a cake for me. I was thoroughly impressed when I was asked where i purchased my cake from and the people knew there work and raved about it. I was so impressed with the beautiful design of my cake on my wedding day. The taste of both flavors were fabulous. We had a white cake with rasberry filling and a chocolate with a kalaha cream. Both were mouth watering. Our family and friends raved how much they enjoyed the cake. The flowers she created looked so real people had to touch them to tell they were sugar. I would gladly pay the price again for my dream cake.

John and Jennifer Ramirez

There are newer reviews for Piece O Cake

Reviewed September 17, 2009

Purchased a cake (white cake w/ buttercream) for my son's baptism. It was beautiful and more importantly (to me), delicious! It is more expensive than, say a grocery store bakery cake, but that's because it's artfully done and was that dense, flavorful cake that I normally expect from a boutique bakery.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

This spring I thoroughly researched places to purchase my wedding cake before narrowing it down to "A Piece O' Cake" in East Lansing, MI and "Decadent Delights" in Ann Arbor, MI. I made appointments at each and sat down to discuss possibilities. To be quite honest, I was quite a "bridezilla" at the time and although both places were very accomodating to my demands (and extremely understanding and patient!!), I was truly impressed with "A Piece O' Cake". Several sketches were drawn for me illustrating possibilities, and my every request was taken into consideration and recognized in the cake. The end product wasn't a cake... it was a personalized piece of fine art . The only unpleasant part of the experience was when we had to cut the cake... I didn't want to because it was so perfect!! Friends and family alike were equally impressed as I with the cake. I give this place a 10 out of 10 (and then some, for putting up with my horrific attitude)!

Reviewed July 14, 2009

Good taste but all the hype on the website with elaborate wedding cakes will disappoint. We designed a 3D cake with figures and instead, she showed up with a cake with flat, 2D painting on it. It was completely 100% not what we wanted. Would not reduce the price of what we paid and instead of being accountable for not making the cake as we discussed, she blamed her poor administrative skills on us not saying we wanted fondant figures, even though the picture we showed was 3D. Poor professionals.

4  Thank buttaflai
Reviewed May 5, 2008

This site said the cuisine at A Piece O Cake is hot dogs, but as the name suggests, it is really a pastry shop specializing in wedding cakes. It also sells cupcakes, cookies, etc. We used them for our recent wedding not only was the cake beautiful, it was also tasty.