“Best Indian Food in Lansing”

Sindhu Indian Cuisine
Ranked #72 of 207 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is the best Indian food in Lansing. The buffets during the weekdays have a great selection and are at a good price.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Went there with friends for dinner and was not familiar with Indian Cuisine. The menu could be more descriptive on it items. I had a combination dish with lamb, chicken, vegetables, shrimp and rice. It was not very warm when served, if my palette was correct there was beef also included which is very surprising for that culture. The flavor was good but would choose something different next time.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I love Indian food. I eat it wherever I go. If you happen to be in the Lansing vicinity this is probably one of the better Indian restaurants. It's nothing amazing, but they have a decent lunch buffet. There's not a lot of options in the Lansing/East Lansing vicinity, and I would say this is one of the better restaurants of the area. For the buffet you get several meat entrees (both chicken), and multiple vegetarian options. They offer no dessert in their buffet which is a bummer, because typically most buffet's do (i.e., rice yogurt, etc.); and for the price (around $10) dessert should be offered.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

From the reviews our expectations weren't very high, so we were pleasantly surprised to enjoy our experience as much as we did. The atmosphere was certain nothing out of the very ordinary, but it was pleasant enough with cozy booths, decorative Indian art, and lighting dimmed enough to be relaxing but adequate enough to read through the extensive menu. Prices were very reasonable, and the service was adequately attentive. Best of all, our food was Generally well-prepared and very tasty. Our request for level of spiciness were well-executed, and the portion sizes exactly what we expected. The chicken tikka masala was very tasty! The lamb biryani was less noteable - somewhat bland and dry - but not worth complaining about. Overall, we were very satisfied with our experience and look forward to returning.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

What we ate - Appetizers: Paneer Pakora, Samosa (2 orders/4 samosas), and Vegetable Pakora, which are served with a mild Cilantro sauce & a slightly sweet Plum sauce - both of which go beautifully together. Drinks: 2 Pale Ales, 1 White Wine, and 1 Mango Lassi. I would highly recommend trying the Naan which is a delightful Indian Bread. There are various kinds, and if you fancy garlic, get that one, if not, the plain is just as amazing. We had 2 orders of Garlic Naan for a table of 4. Entrees: We shared 2 between 4 people. Chicken Madras, and Chicken Hyderabadi. We ordered both dishes Medium Hot, and everyone was satisfied with the heat level, including one who does not care for very hot food, and 3 who like hot food. The dishes themselves are mainly just chicken and sauce, which may sound one dimensional, but trust me, they are anything but. Both dishes explode with a myriad of heavenly flavors that beg the question: How can food be this good??? The Atmosphere: Very casual, as we are in a college town. The service: We don't go for the service, we go for the food, you get my point. To be fair, the service is average. They do have a full bar. NOTE: They are closed between lunch and dinner, I'm not sure about lunch hours, but they open for dinner at 5:30pm. I think they have a weekend lunch buffet, as well. Our guest check came to $61.00, for a table of four, and there was not a crumb of food left for the taking. We have all traveled Internationally, and agree that we are very lucky to have this gem in our town. It can be expensive, however, we find sharing an entree works fine. Enjoy!