“No. Just no.”

Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No. Just no.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The service was slow, the food was expensive and the portions were small. My friend and I both ordered orange juices and were given refills without our knowledge (and without us asking for them) that the refills were charged to us. Paying 7$ for our juice alone is ridiculous.
Save your money and go down the street to Denny's.

• Visited February 2013

Lansing, Michigan
“A Disappointment!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

You could slap a Denny's sign on the front of this building and you would not have known the difference. The server was friendly enough, but that's as far as that went. The place felt and looked dirty. Our booth had torn seat covers and one bench had broken/collapsed springs. The pancakes were not cooked completely, which is the one thing you'd think they would have mastered. We ordered coffee, but were not asked or given cream/sugar. (basic questions) We ordered eggs/hash browns, but were not asked or given ketchup/franks. Items we had to scrounge from other tables. We've been to several different iHops around the country and this one is by far the worst. Should've gone to McDonald's and saved some money.

• Visited April 2012
Michigan
“Ugh.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was attending a seminar nearby, and the group wanted to eat here. We came in about 2:00 on a Monday afternoon. The hostess was outside smoking, so she followed us in and then sat us. Yikes.

Our server was typical run-of-the-mill diner stock, from the wrist brace, ill-fitting uniform and the "you guys" in the greeting. Salads came out first, and they were actually better than I anticipated. The balsamic dressing was tasty! The entrees were lackluster at best. I got the Maui shrimp. The "steamed" broccoli was punished beyond repair. It was just a limp pile of tasteless green mush. The "roasted" potatoes were the best thing on the plate, nicely seasoned. The shrimp was just okay. Two others got fish, and they were surprised to learn IHop doesn't have tartar sauce (a little weird, right?). While we were eating, our server set the checks down. No dessert for us, I guess.

I know I only paid $10; I guess you really do get what you paid for!

• Visited March 2012
East Lansing, Michigan
“Very good food & great service”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Love this place. Wonderful staff/great service consistently. Lots of good food at an unbelievably low price. Not super ambience and often crowded, but to be expected... not an "atmosphere" place -- just good (and pretty quick) food.

“IHOP so should U....”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

MLK day, staying at a hotel with a pool with the kids near MSU Campus.
Decided to go to IHOP, it was kids eat free and they had a Clown.
There wasn't many people at 5:00 PM
I ordered the French Onion Pot Roast.
my son had Chicken Strips.
Food was good, although the portion was mediocre. Asked for extra slice of Texas Toast (.99)
The server, Justin, fantastic ... The other two servers, well, lets say I got Lucky.
They had a Clown, Bubbles, for the kids. My 7 year old was scared at first, but left with Tatoo's, bug glasses and a cutout snowflake. He really enjoyed Bubbles the Clown.
I will go back, but mainly for their IHOP breakfasts. I looking forward to trying the new Steak Omlets.

1 Thank kidvallian