“Really nice well run restaurant”
Review of Sansu

Sansu
Ranked #6 of 208 Restaurants in East Lansing
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I eat lunch here once a week with a friend. It is always good, and now it has become our wives favorite also.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A friend and I recently dined here for happy hour, it's a great way to taste some rolls on the cheap. The sake selection is great, and the rolls are so fresh. I love the atmosphere- it is so open and modern inside. This is a great place to dine with family, especially during happy hour!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to Sansu before a performance at the Wharton Center. I had called ahead to get reservations, and am very glad I did so, because the place got packed within about 10 minutes of our being seated. If possible, you should try the floor tables, which provide a unique dining experience. You might want to consider two things: joint condition and slip-off shoes. While the floor tables are very comfortable, if you have knee or hip problems they might be a bit awkward to get into and out of. And since stocking feet is a requirement, loafers or some other slip-off shoes are recommended. I wore shoes that tied, so it took me longer to get the shoes off and on during the meal. The selection of Japanese food is wonderful. They have sushi and sashimi of every sort, and a professional sushi staff to make sure your food is as fresh as can be. They also offer quite a selection of bento boxes. I ordered the chicken teriyaki bento and enjoyed certain elements of the bento, but found the sushi to be a bit too much on the kelp side for my liking. The tempura shrimp and vegetables were delightful, as was the chicken and rice. The miso soup was delicious, and the ginger dressing on the salad was quite tasty as well. Overall this was a great visit to a truly quality Japanese restaurant with plenty of selection and dining options. We will go again - and I'll wear loafers. Plus it is one of the restaurants that accept the Wharton discount card, which is a bonus on top of everything good about Sansu.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I sampled sushi in Hawaii recently and again realized that Sansu's sushi is world class. I've also tasted it in NYC, Vancouver, and Spain. There is an excellent variety of rolls and pieces of sushi and sashimi, and in the several years that I have been dining there, I had only the freshest, most flavorful sushi. Go early to beat the crowds or do lunch!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The wife and I decided we could make a meal out of splitting an Avocado Boat and ordering soup and salad a la carte. We ordered WAY too much food by getting that as an appetizer then ordering sushi rolls on top of that. We really liked everything we ordered, but it was just too much. Sansu is a little on the expensive side but it's our favorite sushi place in the Lansing area.
Did I mention that the Avocado Boat is delicious? Just order one.