“Fine rooms with great breakfast.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Lansing
Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 East Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I found the Wild Goose Inn to be one of the nicest bed and breakfast that I have stayed at in recent years. All the guest rooms were warm, well designed and decorated. The breakfast was excellent and the location was great."

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 7, 2010

...which is actually somewhat unfair because I don't know of another B&B in town. That being said, the Wild Goose Inn could very well be the best B&B in most towns. The room we stayed in was comfortable, elegant, and romantic. Despite basically being located in the heart of downtown East Lansing, the Inn was very quiet and tranquil. The breakfast in the morning was outstanding and I would absolutely recommend the Wild Goose to anyone looking for a very nice stay in East Lansing.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

So here you are, you travel a lot, whether it be for work or for pleasure.

I certainly do, and tired I was of the same old thing, the sterile hotel environment, fountains in lobbies trying to make me feel like it's a special place to be. An elevator ride to my room which is one of 50 one the floor. I use my electronic key card to open my room to walk into a hard carpeted floor, the desk, the lamp, the bed, the shower, the halogen lights...

The Wild Goose Inn changed for me what I should expect out of a hotel. You walk in the front door and feel like you are walking into what could be your own house. The character and the charm radiate through the entire house. The original hardwood floors, the contemporary decor, the furniture, the courtyard and garden area, the sitting areas...just all perfect.

And that doesn't even get me to the room. I stayed in the Summer Safari room and I was not disappointed. The fireplace that turned on with a switch of a button, my four-poster bed, the open shower with a skylight, the jacuzzi fresh with bath salts...I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend the night. My only regret is that I only got to spend a few hours in it.

And of course, the service is incredible. I chatted with the staff that evening in the kitchen as they prepared everything for the next day. I drank a beer and just enjoyed the company. To be honest, having never stayed in a B&B before, I expected it to be 'weird', but instead, I felt right at home.

I make it up to East Lansing at least once a year, and I will always be staying at the Wild Goose Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed here with my daughter during freshman orientation, when the Kellogg center did not have 2 consecutive nights available.

The total experience is simply amazing. It is tucked into an unexpected place, a kind of hidden jewel. The entire space is beautiful. . .more so when you learn that Al did all of the work himself.

I cannot imagine wanting to stay in a regular hotel when the Wild Goose is available. I travel extensively for work, and understand the value of having a home away from home versus just a place to sleep. Waking up here would never beg the question "now where am I today?" I look forward to at least 4 years of the Wild Goose Inn.

I could go on, but I think it would be repetitous with all of the other reviews. Don't hesitate, just go!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I can't say enough about the Wild Goose Inn B&B. We went last minute just to get away and had a fantastic time. The location doesn't strike you as a spot where you can unwind and relax...but it truly is. Everything about the inn was perfect: the house, the room, the breakfast, the outdoor living spaces. And the owner knew just how helpful/friendly/social to be without being intrusive. He really knows how to run a B&B.

We highly recommend the Indian Summer room -- the bed, jacuzzi, and shower are amazing. My guess is that you can't go wrong with any of the rooms.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed at the Wild Goose Inn B&B to celebrate our anniversary. It is close to the MSU campus and downtown. Al was an incredible host. He recommended Dusty Cellars in Okemos (which was also wonderful) for a romantic dinner and even made reservations for us.
The Autumn Arbor room was great. The bed was soft and very comfortable. Very comfy bed and the two-person hot tub was ultra relaxing. There was also a private patio with a table for two and a shaded hammock for an afternoon nap.
Breakfast was incredible. Fresh fruit and an incredible homemade muffin was followed by a very tasty omlet- made to order. You could also have eggs any way you wanted or french toast on homemade bread.
I cannot say enough about how great this place was. I was a student a MSU years ago and never knew this place even existed. It was a very nice, relaxing and romantic retreat in the middle of one of my favorite places to return to.
We will deffinately be back! Thanks Al!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed in this hotel because of a meeting at Michigan State University. The location is excellent, right next to the campus and basically behind the main street with a lot of restaurants and pubs. The stuff was very kind and nice and the room was quite large with a nice large bathroom. In the bathroom towels and soap was offered but unfortunately, I run out of these things after two days -- and there was no room service to refill soap, towels and the like. Breakfast in the morning was very good including juice, a muffin, fruit cup, and eggs made in many varieties.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!