“Wonderful inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Lansing
Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 East Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After a long trip, rolled up to this cozy b & b and stayed in Autumn Arbor room...bed ensconced in wooden limbs ..a large jacuzzi in room ...right next to Michigan State..delightful. No gym but free bikes to take a neighborhood cruise...there for business but would recommend to couples..not really for kids

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael B

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had an evening workshop at the Kellogg Center, so my husband and I decided to stay the night at the Wild Goose Inn. We chose the Winter Eden room, and had an AMAZING time. The room was cozy but spacious enough for two, the small balcony was a great place to read a book, and the jacuzzi alcove was awesome. The staff was also excellent. Since we arrived early, they showed us a few of the other rooms. (We've decided to stay in Autumn Arbor on our next visit!) Breakfast was delicious -- spectacular muffins, followed by our choice from a simple but delicious menu. Finally, the property itself is gorgeous. I'm always a bit wary of staying in older homes, but it was clean, updated, and decorated quite tastefully with a lovely courtyard. The parking was a bit confusing, as there are a few lots in the immediate vicinity, but we -- correctly -- chose a paid lot beside the inn and received validated tickets for our exit. An overall great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Beautiful place hidden in plain sight. One block off the main street but still quiet and cozy. Our room had a large two person jaccuzi, fireplace, small sitting area outside with table and two chairs and a hammack too! The outside was blocked from the alley by trees, bushes and all kinds of flowers. Very nicely done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed in the "Summer Safari" Room.

The room lives up to our expectations based on reviews and online photos upon first entry through the door. Tastefully decorated and quaint with a small couch in front of a gas fireplace. A hot tub for two overlook the front of the of hotel, but we closed the blind and turned on the underwater light and started all the tea light candles.

Parking is handled with the EL surface lot next door with validated tickets readily available to guests for easy in-out privileges. We found this to be a fantastic benefit - given the difficulty one might have with parking in this City.

The only mild level complaint we had was getting enough hot water for our hot tub once we got back from dinner in the evening. Even on full hot, it was slightly more than luke-warm. We figured everyone else must have just got back as we did on this fully booked night. We decided to watch some TV by the fireplace in our plush wild animal print robes. Once we tried the hot water again, it was as hot as we expected.

The bath room - complete with dual sinks and walk-in shower - were very nice. My wife and I share a single sink and mirror back home, so we loved this! There are even make-up removal towels!

Breakfast was very nice and tasty. I had the omelet and my wife had the french toast.

We are looking forward to staying again in one of the other rooms.

Room Tip: Summer Safari, Great Lakes, and Winter Eden are the larger up-stairs rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I planned a surprise romantic stay at the Wild Goose Inn for my husband and I to enjoy on a weeknight evening together. From the very beginning of planning our night, Al and his staff went out of their way to respond to any questions I had about reservations, food served for breakfast (I am a … read morevegetarian), and parking. We stayed in the Autumn Arbor room which was BEAUTIFULLY and uniquely decorated (LOVE THE BED) and included so many extra amenities that we never wanted to leave! Al thought of everything a person would want or need when staying away from home. Our room had lovely flowers greeting us upon our arrival, candles galore, a cork screw, bath salts, soaps and lotions to use in the enormous tile shower, plush robes, and of course the fireplace at the foot of the bed could not be beat.

I brought all of our food for our evening and Al was gracious in allowing me to use his kitchen for the final prep before serving. The spa tub was heaven and I would recommend long soaks by candlelight to anyone who stays here in the future. The breakfast left us feeling nourished and full (thank you Paul, we are still thinking about those delicious muffins!) and we wished that we could have been staying many more nights instead of having to check out that day. Our plan is to come back to the Wild Goose at least 2 more times this year and we are already looking at dates on our calendar. Whether you are driving great distances or live locally, we highly recommend this bed and breakfast. We have stayed at many throughout our great state and this inn is at the top of our list! Well done Al!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettyloug
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We came for an orientation weekend and left the kids in capable hands on campus while we went to the Wild Goose Inn.

Wonderful experience. Rooms are great. Al was a tremendous host. Breakfast was yummy.
All in all the perfect blend a comfort and access - laid back yet luxurious.

Room Tip: all the rooms are different - the web site is accurate in terms of photos.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this inn three times now, each time for about a week.

I was under a great deal of stress, dealing with issues of my mother's health, and the state of her home prevented my staying with her.

There really are not a lot of choices for a traveller around Lansing if you prefer a more ambient environment. I do not like generic hotels, and prefer a personal feel about my quarters.

This inn delivers that and then some.

Each room has a different theme. I highly recommend the Great Lakes Room or the Summer Safari. These were definitely my favorites, although I stayed in nearly all the rooms and found each to have it's charm. The great Lakes room affords a privacy that makes you feel you are in your own house.

The breakfast is good, and the coffee is excellent.

Your host is most charming and kind and it can be hard to tear yourself away from the conversations. These folks made me feel so welcome and kept me de-stressed in a stressful time.

I cannot recommend this Inn enough. My friends who stopped in to visit were equally impressed by the rooms. The fireplaces and decks/patios are so nice. I will always stay here when I go to East Lansing.

Room Tip: Great Lakes room is imho the best. If it's summer the room downstairs with the hosta garden is n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!