“Cool Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We go here every year when we travel to East Lansing for a Michigan State Football Game. (6 years in a row)

It is a short walk from The Marriott Hotel, across the street from the campus.

College bars have to compete with one another and therefore have great deals during the week. On Wednesdays, everything is half price.

We ate here twice and had very good pizza one night and a very good pasta dish the next night. All of their draft beers are brewed at this location.

Game day crowds - usually packed with about 500 people. I think you will enjoy this place.

1  Thank LOTANDHOT

Reviewed December 9, 2010

My husband and I were in East Lansing for the night for a business meeting. Despite mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Harper's a try for their microbrews. My son, who is a MSU grad recommended Harper's as well. We arrived at about 5:30 on a Tuesday evening to find their microbrews were a buck a piece! We also ordered their spinach pizza with goat cheese and pine nuts and a portabello sandwich. The food was great. Our server was very attentive and friendly. All this for under $30. Really couldn't ask for a better casual night out.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have read alot of the bad reviews but decided to try it out for myself. I am assuming that the staff has changed because I had excellent service and the food was great!! Me and my party were immediatly taken care of after getting to our table. The Manager stopped by a couple of times to see how things were. I would deffenitly suggest that you try it out!

Reviewed May 19, 2009

It is 100% SMOKEFREE which is incredible for such a large venue. My best friend met her husband at this romantic yet fun hangout. I go with my friends or family quite often due to their exceptional brewed beer, excellent food, and superb service. Many nights they have great entertainment while eating or drinking which is a plus and I have never had to pay cover because I get there early.

Now with sunny days, I enjoy working on their deck with the FREE wireless. As a food critic for publications in the Detroit area I can say Harper's food is exceptional and I cannot believe they can sell something everyday half off but I guess they make it up in volume since it has a capacity of something like 500 or more. We are planning on having my sister's engagement party there in the front elegant fireplace room with the private deck.

My favorite dish is the steamed ribs that fall off the bone and melt in my mouth. My favorite dessert is the french fried ice cream. My favorite drink is the Spartan Wheat in-house brewed beer...we usually get a pitcher to share. I also would recommend the large pizzas...you can customize the toppings...just ask and you will receive.

One thing I read on their wall was that this huge brewpub was named after one of the owners father and that the owners have lived in East Lansing since childhood. This makes me appreciate Harper's even more as it is challenging for large independent restaurants to survive with chains buying in much higher volumes, therefore, much lower food costs. I prefer local owners and stray away from chains as a personal preference.

In addition, Harper's HEALTH DEPT RATING ONE OF THE BEST for the many years in business and its tremendous size. They must have very strict rules for food and that makes me feel comfortable. The brand new bar has added to their service so that you can get a drink in minutes. The entire staff is friendly and happy which makes you feel good when you are a patron. You can even ask to speak to the Chef if you want something different from the menu...he has done this for me many times.

I have had them cater parties for me and they have delivered nothing short of excellence. My experiences with Harper's have been wonderful and I would recommend you visiting this hometown brewpub and you will be shocked at the low prices....remember to ask WHAT IS HALF OFF TODAY?

1  Thank LOVETOEATOUTNIGHTLY
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Don't get the salad...gross!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook