“Different and Delicious”

Ranked #21 of 203 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Ethiopian
“Different and Delicious”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming here for many years on my various trips to East Lansing. The food is always good. It's very flavorful and especially nice because it's uncommon. It's also very healthy - at least the many vegetarian options are. I recommend giving this place a try if you're an adventurous eater.

Okemos, Michigan
“Different type of food”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you have tried the Ethiopian food before it and you have liked that, don't miss this one.
But if it is your first time, you have to be aware about your choice.
It is a pleasant place for sitting and having your meal, but the special Ethiopian bread was not delicious, have your meal with rice and enjoy it.

Visited April 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Good ethopian...”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The food and service are good, thought it was a little pricey but overall something different and interesting to get in the area.

1 Thank margozinha1
Death Valley National Park, California
“Awesome little place to eat!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

There are not too many restaurants where I can say that I have enjoyed every visit but in this case I can. Food is very good but somewhat eclectic so I recommend checking out the menu first before you decide to dine there. The food is a little spicy but not extremely hot so don't let that turn you off. The Spicy Lentils dish is my personal favorite.
The place is small and can be busy so be prepared for a wait on some nights but well worth it.

• Visited May 2011
“Great food, nice change of pace”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had only been to Altu's once before, a year or two ago. I'm so glad I got reacquainted with this place! The Ethiopian flatbread has a unique taste, so some people may not like it. It's worth trying though. I had the vegetarian dinner where I got to choose four different items. My favorite was the white peas & potatoes. The spicy pinto beans have a nice kick to them, too. I am looking forward to my next visit - I've heard the stews are fantastic...

• Visited August 2011