“Good Japanese food in downtown East Lansing”
Review of Omi

Omi
Ranked #30 of 201 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Muskegon, Michigan
“Good Japanese food in downtown East Lansing”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband likes very much sushi, and after trying different places that offer Japanese cuisine, this seems to be the better so far. I make company wit hot dishes that are good as well.
The place is small and the chairs are not very comfortable. It gets very crowded when MSU is in session, we come here in the summer months. We don't enjoy the atmosphere/ambiance, but the food is good enough to come here when someone craves sushi.

Visited August 2013

Flint, mi
“Omi...O.M.G!!! They have Shabu Shabu on the menu!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

They have Shabu Shabu on the menu!!!

My wife and I LOVE Shabu Shabu (hotpot) and It's very hard to find in Michigan.

This time we didn't order it (hot soup and 80+degree weather don't mix well). Ok, so I did have Udon noodles so call me a hypocrite... but the combo dinner #2 was a really good bargain for $12 which included a large bowl of Udon noodles with fried soy curd (tofu) and fish balls, and a California Roll. I let my noodles cool down while enjoying the sushi roll first.

The sushi at Omi is good, but nothing really special.

The interior design is pretty cool. The tables are arranged along a laminated bench seat that is built into the wall and then the curved upper portion of the seating wall becomes part of the ceiling. Look at the menu cover to see architectural details of this design.

The prices are reasonable at Omi. I'd return to this place... and in the colder months I will definitely visit for the Shabu Shabu.

At the larger table next to us there were six Asian people having the Shabu Shabu dinner. It really looked good (see the photo).

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank flintjarvis
Oscoda, Michigan, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DELICIOUS!!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

i loved my meal here and reccomend it to all sushi lovers! i actually took pics of my meal to make my friends at home jealous! liked the decor and atmosphere. the staff was very friendly. the food was delicious and an affordable price for the quality. again, DELICIOUS!!!

Columbia, Maryland
“Best Sushi in Lansing”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is the best sushi in East Lansing and Lansing. It's got a cool atmosphere, great food, friendly staff.

Visited March 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“Best Sushi in E.Lansing”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's the best sushi in E. Lansing. There are options here that I didn't know existed. Can't go wrong here. The ambiance is fresh and the food is tasty.

Visited January 2014