“Good selection of salad fixings,fruit,smoothies,and soups.”
Review of Leaf Salad Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leaf Salad Bar
Ranked #20 of 205 Restaurants in East Lansing
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Good, healthy salad fixings with homemade soups and salad dressings. Can get a little expensive since it is by the pound, but it's a lot of salad! Soups change daily and have been hot and tasty. Cup and bowl both available. Eat in or take-out makes it an easy stop for a good salad for lunch or dinner. Nice staff and helpful. Can taste the soups before you select. Sorry it's not closer to where I work!

2  Thank Michigancritter

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love, love, love salad bars. At most restaurants, the salad options contain meat or lots of cheese. But at Leaf you can pick & choose what you like. It even has wonderful stuff, like lox, avocado, & little potato-chip strips. Vidalia onion vinaigrette is awesome. Soups are great but usually too salty for me.

This is a great restaurant for families with small children. We lay out a napkin full of cheese, meats, & vegetables, & for a treat, the kiddies get an array of fruit. They love it. The staff is very nice & helpful.

My only complaints about Leaf:
1. It's really warm inside, maybe because of the large, west-facing windows or the heat emitted from having to refrigerate so many fruits & veggies. Be prepared to shed some layers of clothing.
2. I don't Leaf recycle, & all its utensils & plates are disposable. Healthy eating should also include healthy living, so I don't see why Leaf employees can't rinse & recycle the numerous aluminum trays with their plastic lids.

So my complaints don't have anything to do with the quality of the food, which is fabulous.

2  Thank Jeanne L
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just heard about this place existing. Hubby & I are trying to eat better so gave it try. Wonderful place! Everything was super fresh, veggies ~ fruit ~ soups. Only thing I'd ask would be more drink options but they will make smoothies out of anything! Salads are 8.49 a pound. Totally worth it! Shrimp, salmon, chicken, turkey....3 different soups. 16 oz smoothie, 5.49. Will absolutely go back!

1  Thank SheriK2
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I Absolutely Love The Leaf Bar in East Lansing & Okemos!! I wake get a GREEN MACHINE SMOOTHIE! Spinach,Kale,Asparagus,cucumbers,whitebeans,Pineapple,mangos,kiwi,greengrapes,purplegrapes,Vanilla Whey Protein Power, almond milk, ice!!! Now Come on 6$ for all that!! That's a Great Deal !!! I drink one every morning and eat a salad for lunch!! My salad is around 8-10$ which is really a great deal as we'll!! I know what's in my food I know it is going to be good everyday!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO EAT !!

2  Thank Tammyrosemyers
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I like this place a lot. The salad bar choices are broad and fresh and the soups are hot and tasty. It is not inexpensive but I consider the prices to be reasonable. If I have any quibble it is that the rolls could be of a crunchier type but, then, I am not going here for the rolls.

1  Thank CardinalePrimo