“Food is good, service is questionable.”
Review of Maru Sushi

Maru Sushi
Ranked #17 of 203 Restaurants in East Lansing
Lansing, Michigan
“Food is good, service is questionable.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Recently went here with my man for dinner. First time eating at this location. I have been to the Okemos location a few times. The food was good. We ordered a vegetable hibachi and a couple sushi rolls.

My main problem: I saw the waitress for the section by ours using a water pitcher to refill glasses that have been drank from with no straws. She TOUCHED the pitcher to EVERY USED GLASS to refill them. This is called cross contamination and can spread germs like NOROVIRUS. I emailed the manager about this and have not got any reply. I also saw this very same thing while eating at the Okemos location. We told the waiter and the young guy serving water was replaced by a woman. Is this not part of waitress training? It should be!! How gross! I do not want to get sick!

• Visited January 2014

Detroit, Michigan
“Best sushi in central michigan”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is my favorite place to get sushi. I've eaten at every sushi restaurant in East Lansing and this is by far the best. They have good fusion cuisine and very fresh and clean fish. Get the soy joy roll if you like a pretty sauce presentation and soy paper. Also the lollipop has all of the best fish wrapped in a cucumber, a very clean taste and much lower carb than rice.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nicholas O
Cincinnati
“Fresh Sushi, Super Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've had sushi all over these great United States. Imagine my surprise to find a quality sushi restaurant in East Lansing, Michigan. You'll get a friendly greeting when you walk in the door and a long list of rolls to consider. I recommend the crunchy shrimp (great blend of avocado and tempura shrimp), cali (shredded crab meat) and crouching tiger roll (too many items to list in this house special roll, but you'll thank me for the recommendation). You'll not be disappointed or leave hungry! The Miso soup is also a tasty stomach warming dish which is thicker than most Miso soups i've tried.

• Visited November 2013
“Very nice Sushi restaurant for the area”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a light lunch here and was very happy with what I ordered. The modern & clean eating environment and the prices seemed competitive or average for the area as well. The mussels I had were excellent and I will be back soon to devour another bowl!

Corunna, Michigan
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our first experience at Maru Sushi and it was great! Try the softshell crab appetizer - out of this world. And the Cucumber Infused Sake, left me wanting to go back again and again.

• Visited August 2013