“So gorgeous!”

Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The exterior is very nice and modern: it looks like the prow of a ship. The interior is very stylish and modern. The exhibition is unique and it guides the visitor through time thanks to various works of art of great artists like Manet, Dali and Warhol. Downstairs you can find a patchwork of 3D moving images, and when you leave it feel puzzled but fascinated. I enjoyed the fact that the entrance fee is a donation: this stimulates the desire to visit the exhibition. I suggest you visited this exhibition if you visit Lansing: it is located inside the Michigan State University which is beautiful and charming.

1  Thank Carlo C

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We waited in line for over an hour on opening weekend, just to see a waste of space. The walls are mostly empty, some labels for the art are not even near them. They sell coffee as soon as you walk into the lobby area, but then you can't take it into the museum! We were highly disappointed.

2  Thank Dayzdx8
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The building caught our eye before we knew it was the new art museum. The galleries contain enough but not too much contemporary art. Don't miss the 3-D adventure on the basement level.

1  Thank EllieHarold
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had expected a larger venue than is here. The building is a lovely modern design, with interesting interior spaces. But it is quite small. The current collection is contemporary pieces with a lot of video presentations. A very good educational selection to show current works, but not very inviting to me.

Parking is quite difficult, with meters being $1.25 an hour and a limit of two hours. On the other hand, the museum is free. And an hour is plenty of time if one is a more conventional art visitor as are my husband and myself.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited the Museum the day after Thanksgiving. The external architecture is fetching, the galleries have lots of natural light, but are constrained by the buildings shape, and leaves me with a somewhat cold distant feeling.. It was worth the hour drive to see the building, but the collection was disappointing both in presentation and content. I'll assume the collection will be enhanced over the next few years.

1  Thank pen1