“So Much to See”

Michigan State University
More attraction details
Owner description: MSU's huge country-like campus offers a lovely setting for running, biking or just hanging out, and also has places to visit, like the Beal Botanical Gardens, Sanford Natural Area, the 70,000-capacity Spartan football stadium, an art center, planetarium and, of course, the MSU Dairy Store for ice cream.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being back on campus is like coming home. So beautiful; so many things to see. A great place to just walk around; through the botanical garden, along the river, past Sparty, past the stadium, around Circle Drive. This trip we went to the 4 H Garden where we'd never been. It is so pretty. We also went to the SPECTACULAR Broad Art Museum - worth the trip to East Lansing alone. You can see a game or a play or just soak in the campus. Leave time to have an ice cream cone that you won't forget at the dairy store.

All reviews
"four years"
"carillon tower"
"campus visit"

Reviewed August 24, 2013

There are too many experiences and friendships that I have encountered at MSU. While exploring the beautiful campus, I fell in love with MSU. Top education, Big 10 school. What more do you need?! East Lansing is a great place to live! I miss being there everyday! So far the BEST experience of my life. I can't say ONE bad thing about it.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The games were held at MSU and the facilities were the best I've ever seen. We were treated so fantastically by everyone we came in contact with and the food at Case Hall was very good for mass catering.

The walk from the Marriott hotel to MSU was super, very pretty walking through the magnificent University grounds - great way to travel around campus and very healthy.

We enjoyed time in the MSU outdoor pool and also enjoyed the springboards.

The guys practicing their drums at weekends was stunning - I've video of this and can understand why they are champions in their art.

1  Thank WorldRenounTraveller
Reviewed August 5, 2013

East Lansing is my home so I am somewhat biased. Michigan State campus has to be one of the prettiest in the nation. Bring your fishing pole and you can fish on the banks of the Red Cedar as it flows through campus. The new Broad Art Museum is another attraction on campus. Visit the Brody Cafeteria on campus and enjoy a wonderful meal. Then walk through the W.J. Beal Botanical Garden. Don't forget to visit the MSU Dairy Store for one of their 32 flavors of ice cream.

East Lansing is the City of the Arts so don't forget to visit Saper Galleries and the Mackerel Sky Gallery both in downtown East Lansing.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I visited Michigan State University in East Lansing on the way from Sleeping Bear Dunes to Ann Arbor. I'm a huge Alabama football fan and wanted to see where Nick Saban started his coaching career. After visiting the campus, I can see why he didn't stay long in East Lansing. The campus was not very impressive. Most of the buildings were very "retro" in their design. Also, most of the campus looked dirty. Spartan Stadium is small and lacks any sort of character. So far, the worst campus and stadium in the Big Ten I have seen.

I have visited: