“It was ok.”

Cuisines: American
Gaylord, Michigan
“It was ok.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband loved it. I was underwelmed. My turkey burger (I am beef intollerant) was lack luster to say the least. It wasn't seasoned and the toppings I picked didn't add anything but a mess. The sweet potato chips were okay. It was just okay.. I have had worse and I have had better.

• Visited April 2012

Lansing, Michigan
“Greasy and not cheap.”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was told it was good by a relative and decided to try it. I got a burger that seemed a bit too greasy. I also think it was expensive for what I got. My friend that went with me said about the same.

Visited May 2012
Dimondale
“OK Burger Just average experience”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went for lunch with my wife and had the sweet potato chips, train wreck burger and she had BLT. Atmosphere was pleasant-chain style, noisy, TV's and music blaring-fie for kids. No silverware by the way. Service was just average, nothing bad to note. I left hungry but I felt for what I got it was a bit pricey, but the quality of the food was good. Everything was fresh and surprisingly not greasy. My wife and I decided not to try it again even though we couldn't fault our experience, I guess for menu that has a burger called "Train Wreck" I was expecting a little more character.

• Visited April 2012
East Lansing, Michigan
“Changes”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

When I first went to Bagger Dave's I was enamored. You could customize your own burger, your own fries, and they had an excellent craft beer list. So I came back quite a few times and each time my opinion changed. The prices are just ok. You can get similar "customizable" food at other restaurants. And the beer list never seems to be up to date. They're always out. And twice I've gotten a spoiled beer. Not very good experiences. Also, the staff is friendly but really only if it's not crowded otherwise you can't really get anyone to pay attention to you.

Lansing, Michigan
“Good Burger Joint. Tasty local beer on tap.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The reviews on Trip Advisor seem to be pretty mixed about Bagger Dave's but we really enjoyed our burgers and we thought the fries were some of the best you can find in East Lansing. This restaurant is located in the old Country Market Grocery store near the intersection of Grand River and Hagadorn. We thought they did a nice job with the interior renovations and found the old black and white pictures of MSU and East Lansing to be really interesting.

Some people have complained about the prices but unlike Five Guys you get table service here and the burgers are only slightly more expensive than Five Guys. Also, unlike Five Guys, you have many choices of local Michigan beers on tap. If you aren't sure what type of beer to get, you can get a sampler of beers and try four different kinds.

There are two sizes of burgers. The regular size is two .35/lb patties and the small size is just one .35/lb patty. The burgers definitely fill you up. I had the bacon bbq burger, which was priced just below $7 and a very tasty burger. The bacon was generously applied and perfectly cooked.

We went on a Monday night and the place was empty, so we got great service. Maybe we just hit it on a good night but we will definitely be back. Looking forward to the warmer weather and dining on the outdoor patio.

• Visited February 2012