Candlewood Suites East Lansing
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsuniversity clubgolf coursestove tophonor systemfull kitchenqueen bedlaundry basketseparate bedroomserve breakfastmicrowave popcornfood barmonday fridaypet feemba programpots and panscoffee makerhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been a long time visitor to Michigan State University as a student and parent of a student.The Candlewood Suites has provided a "home away from home" many times. I especially like the one bedroom suite with a small well equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and sleep sofa in the living area. There is also an in-house mini-grocery. The staff is very efficient and it is close to the campus and attached to a seminar/banquet area perfect for weddings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Amy S, Manager at Candlewood Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stays with us. We are so glad you are able to call the Candlewood Lansing your "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked this motel on priceline.When I arrived I was given a room that had not been ready .There was food in the fridge and no blankets on the bed.I called the office and a gentlemen came right down. He also was disappointed with the condition of the room.He upgraded me with a wonderful room with a view of the golf course.I really appreciated how I was treated by the staff and how swiftly they corrected the problem.The highlight of the stay was access to Mingles restaurant which is reserved for University Club members.The food there was absolutely wonderful.A true 4 star restaurant

Room Tip: get a room on the second or third floor.The garden floor is kind of a half basement
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rocky1948
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave feedback about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Lansing. I apologize for the mistake when assigning your first room. I am very glad our front desk agent was able to correct the situation quickly for you and that you were able to enjoy Mingle at the University Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. It was a very good location on the MSU campus. It was is a quite and very green location beside the MSU golf course. The room had a full kitchen and was well equipped. I didn't cook- but I did pop the free popcorn that was left for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Lansing and for taking the time to leave feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the complimentary popcorn. During your next stay, ask our front desk agents about borrowing a complimentary movie from our lending library to go along with the popcorn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

but also being greeted cheerfully & professionally helps rate this hotel 5 stars. Great location, restaurants & our Corporate office nearby. I love the refrigerator, stove & microwave in the room... have yet to stove or refrigerator but it's there for others who may use them. Just an overall welcoming, convenient place to stay. Rooms overlooking golf course & w/it being Fall, it's a beautiful view!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is actually main floor, as you come into front desk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Amy S, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Lansing and taking the time to leave feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our many amenities including the view provided by Forest Akers Golf Course. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Im staying here for business and it is a great location. It is 2 miles from the michigan state campus. Ahhh where my son goes to school. Also 2 miles from Hawk Island recreational area which is a great park to walk at and bike at. Picnic and lake and splash area for kids there too. Very beautiful. As for the hotel its connected to the Michigan State University Club. nice place for dinner or work out club. It is safe at this hotel. They clean during the week ok. But you have to ask for stuff sometimes at the front desk. Theres a computer and internet for use free. the desk people are pleasant. the cookies in the lobby yummy. Im going to stay here because the location is awesome.

Room Tip: get s room on the bottom floor near the desk and entrance. safe and easy access to parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business